Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet from Uk & Irish Customs

Options
  • 02-07-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Have a question I am ordering a tablet from the uk off ebay.

for 54.99 pound.

Can I get stopped by customs in ireland..

Am I right in saying anything as long as its bought in the eu is safe from customs under a certain price.

Am I o.k will it go threw without a problem..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Have a question I am ordering a tablet from the uk off ebay.

for 54.99 pound.

Can I get stopped by customs in ireland..

Am I right in saying anything as long as its bought in the eu is safe from customs under a certain price.

Am I o.k will it go threw without a problem..?

Yeah it will be fine as it's within the EU. Just be careful as it's not from Jersey as this can have VAT added on by customs on Ireland. If it's from mainland UK it will be fine. Have ordered a couple of tablets from the UK the past few months myself and have got them no problem with no extra tax added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Covered under the Treaty of Rome , - you have nothing to worry about there

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Cheers thank you lads

How much is the total for good you can bring into ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

How much is the total for good you can bring into ireland ?

There is no limit, if you buy in the EU.
    Retailers with large volumes of trade with Ireland pay Irish VAT in any case e.g. Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can post a link to the auction if you want, so people can check it out, personally I wouldn't get a tablet off ebay unless I was 100% sure they were OK sellers. Many UK sellers are shipping from China and do there best to appear from the UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement