Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo 2013 discussion thread

Options
  • 02-07-2013 10:14pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd get it under way.

Dieminion and Sanford Kelly won't be there :( Wondr if Triforce is paying silly buggers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

In case anyone has seen them yet here is the entrance numbers for Evo.

1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
    2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
    3. Smash - 696 players
    4. Injustice - 582 players
    5. SFxT - 545 players
    6. KoF13 - 433 players
    7. P4A - 400 players
    8. TTT2 - 355 players
    9. MK9 - 233 players

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/01/early-entrance-numbers-evo-2013-game-ssf4-ae-v2012-umvc3-smash-sfxt-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

so many games :(:( I hope to god kof runs faster this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I want a Daigo comeback DA BEAST

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd put money on Gamerbee, Xian & Infiltration all making Top 3, but then again I bet Daigo is REALLY hungry to win too.

Also if Sakonoko goes, it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'd put money on Gamerbee, Xian & Infiltration all making Top 3

I'll take that bet, how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'l be away again during this years evo, so it's bound to be hype.

I hope some clever person does some sort of fantasy bracket prediction game like they had for the SF25 tourney.

All right if we are making predictions I might as well make a few.

I'm backing Xian for AE (He probably won't win but I want him to)
    JDCR for TTT2.
    Perfect Legend for MK9.
    Someone from EG for SFxT.
    Reynald or MadKOF for KOF.
    Lordknight for P4A.
    Chris G for Injustice & UMvC3.
    Mew2King for Smash (because he is the only Smash player I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Kim vs Kim in Grand Finals for KoF will be gdlk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am hype for this year.

I'm really happy/proud to see the Melee scene stepping up. I didn't think they'd do it, which is why I was rooting for Skullgirls to win the fundraiser; but I'm glad they ended up proving me wrong.

Gwan the Wombo Combo!
    Dieminion and Sanford Kelly won't be there :( Wondr if Triforce is paying silly buggers.

Whoh, the premier Guile player is not defending American soil? The narrative of this tournament is ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I would love to Haitani win AE, that dude is redic! Seeing Sako win would be awesome too, but it's too hard to tell top 4 now. A lot of inconsistency from most top tier players. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whoh, the premier Guile player is not defending American soil? The narrative of this tournament is ruined!

Nuckledu or FinelikeWine need to man up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'll take that bet, how much?

What odds are you giving him? Or failing that, are you willing to counter with your own top 3? ;)

Haven't played much of SF recently but CEO has sparked my interest in the competitive scene again, might tune into Evo. Watched a good chunk of it live last year, that won't be happening again however.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I'd say Daigo, Gamerbee and Infiltration will make top 8. Xian, I'd love to see him there but I'm not feeling it this time. He should do very well but the competition is so rough and there's so many players. I'd also love to see Mike Ross up in top 8 again but this year, I just don't believe.

I still think Infiltration is going to win it all, though.

Chris G will win Marvel. I think Justin will make top 8. Don't really know enough and it's close to call any others. I think if Flocker went to Zero/Vergil/Strider like he did before (don't remember which tournament), he'd be a shoe-in for top 8 but with Dante, I'm not so sure.

I know nothing about Smash.

I'm calling Korean victories in KoF, TTT2 and P4A (possibly Tokido) but that's total speculation.

MK and Injustice... I liked Reo in UMK3, so yeah, him. Probably Perfect Legend, though. Maybe Chris G in Injustice.

SFxT could go a lot of different ways. It would be interesting, if the game were interesting. I'm calling Infiltration vs Tokido in GF, could go either way.

I'm calling Chris G to win all 9 games.

Regardless of whether he plays them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Hoping 801 Strider / Karipaku / Finelikewine get on stream! & Rooting for Romance in KoF, his King is too gdlk.

Pity there's no VF5FS / SC5 this year but I'm glad to see smash get in. Know nothing about the game but the community seems passionate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Kanped wrote: »
    I'd also love to see Mike Ross up in top 8 again but this year, I just don't believe.

... but he's the best...?

I want someone whose not JDCR to win tekken

I'd say Daigo, Gamerbee and Infiltration will make top 8. Xian, I'd love to see him there but I'm not feeling it this time. He should do very well but the competition is so rough and there's so many players. I'd also love to see Mike Ross up in top 8 again but this year, I just don't believe.

I still think Infiltration is going to win it all, though.
    Xian's just coming off winning CEO & Red Fight District 2, and second at South East Asia Majors & NCR, plus Top 8 at every other tournament he's been at.
    He's damn strong and his execution has been on-point for the past few months, so I'm surprised anyone would think that about his chances!

Interestingly, this is his tier list for AE:
    03_xiantier01.jpg

Ramza wrote: »
    I want someone whose not JDCR to win tekken

LOL like that's gonna happen.

Historically, Xian has had some trouble with Japanese players, not to mention how strong many of the other SE Asia and American players are, and I think there will be too many of them in top 32 for him to make it; there's so many that I think will beat him if they play and many more that I think could but might not. I'd love to be proven wrong, though; I've picked up Gen as a secondary and I've thought Xian was a great player since seeing his Yun when Cross Counter went to Singapore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

F XIAN

Gen is BS scrub char.

LOL like that's gonna happen.

Why couldn't it happen?

Ramza wrote: »
    Why couldn't it happen?

As he beats everyone. The Americans can't beat him and some of the other Koreans or Japanese stand a chance but I don't know how many of them are going to Evo. So odds are it's gonna be free for JDCR like all the other American tournaments he goes to are.

Oh right I thought other big names were going, yeah repping dat AK gwan JDCR, he's boring to watch tho

Changing my votes.

Chris G to win 8 out of 9 Evo games.

Whiteblack to win Marvel!

Gwan Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

JDCR is probably gonna take TT2, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't.

I think Infil might take AE again, he's just on a different level.

Chris G for Marvel maybe.

Maybe MadKoF for KoF, not sure about rest of the games, my money's on Chris G for Injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Historically, Xian has had some trouble with Japanese players
    I don't think Xian has any problems vs Japanese players.He lost to kazunoko a long time ago but got the better of him recently. Xian says Fei beats Gen 7-3 yet owned Fuudo and Mago back to back. he beat daigo twice in two FT5's and has always got the better of Tokido.

Anything can happen in a best of 3 but though. I like Xian, hope he does well and goes far.

I hope Ryan Hart wins EVO!! Come on Ryan!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

https://www.wepay.com/donations/dieminion4evo_1

What the hell is EMP up to...

Probably money problems again.

Maybe Triforce shouldn't have bought that Wii U :pac:

• Advertisement

Advantage of sponsors; they pay for your travel. Advantage of sponsor who can't pay for your travel = ?????

Advertisement