Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo 2013 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kanped wrote: »
    Advantage of sponsors; they pay for your travel. Advantage of sponsor who can't pay for your travel = ?????

I'm considering donating. I don't like the idea of a sponsor getting their letters before his name if I do though. He gotta be THE PEOPLES CHAMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

The thing is though EMP is not a sponsor they are a team, Triforce has always stated that. He tries to help them in anyway he can but EMP's only sponsor as far as I know is VxG and they are more focused on getting their players to VxG rather than Evo.

Kevin Landon ‏@Di3mini0n 5m
    I am speechless ~
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Kevin Landon ‏@Di3mini0n 6m
    Thanks to the 57 people that donated to the cause . It reached $1,520 . I will purchase my flight tomorrow when the money transfers .

Faith in humanity and all that!

For all the Tekken heads out there I just found out that Nin, Knee & Ao are going to Evo. It looks like JDCR might have some competition after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah, I don't want to see him win it, I think he's just boring to watch, don't me wrong he's amazing and very technical it's just..Knee owns. And NIN?! I thought Nin retired after DR? wow

• Advertisement

Nah Nin still plays. He won Tekken 6 at Evo last time he was there so I assume he wants the title back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I wanna see NIN vs Knee steve mirror less go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Knee > JDCR. Who wants to bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

So, now EMP are sending both Dieminion and Sanford to Evo and refunding the money from the donation drive...

blag wrote: »
    So, now EMP are sending both Dieminion and Sanford to Evo and refunding the money from the donation drive...

Wow. I'm not sure how I'd feel about not being able to go, having to beg people for money, securing the money, only to have the person who couldn't help me in the first place pull a u-turn... all the time when they should be focusing on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Wow. I'm not sure how I'd feel about not being able to go, having to beg people for money, securing the money, only to have the person who couldn't help me in the first place pull a u-turn... all the time when they should be focusing on the game.

Puts Dieminion in an awkward position alright. You have to think that the reason EMP came through with funds is in direct response to Dieminion getting his own funding and making EMP look like a broke amateur outfit.

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Knee > JDCR. Who wants to bet?

I think that overall Knee is better than JDCR but JDCR would still beat Knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Puts Dieminion in an awkward position alright. You have to think that the reason EMP came through with funds is in direct response to Dieminion getting his own funding and making EMP look like a broke amateur outfit.

You're missing the big question here: will he have to drop the FGC tag now?

You're missing the big question here: will he have to drop the FGC tag now?

I know I'm a fanboy anyway but I was hype for FGC Dieminion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Anyone know what day/time AE, KoF, and MK are on? My brain melts down evey time I try to think work out timezone differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It was a simple bad/delayed cheque.

Which begs the question: who uses cheques in this day and age? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

deathrider wrote: »
    Anyone know what day/time AE, KoF, and MK are on? My brain melts down evey time I try to think work out timezone differences.

08_evostream01.jpg

Just add 8 hours to the times on this. 8am over there = 4pm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Doyler01 wrote: »
    08_evostream01.jpg

Just add 8 hours to the times on this. 8am over there = 4pm here.

Excellent stuff. Cheers, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So they reckon they're running a 355 man Tekken tournament in six hours, early on a Friday morning...

So they reckon they're running a 355 man Tekken tournament in six hours, early on a Friday morning...

If they have, say, 50 set ups, and zero tolerance for delays, why not?

• Advertisement

They barely have 50 setups for the whole of Evo, let alone just Tekken and they are not zero tolerance on people being late, but you will be DQ'd if all that round is finished and you still haven't shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I have no words

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wow, this emotional whiplash.

I'm glad the decision is reversed, but my perception of Nintendo (America) is drastically changed. I know they don't represent EVERY branch of the company, but since they've taken control of internet activities, they functionally ARE the internet face of Nintendo.

So many thoughts....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Nintendo just pulled a Microsoft on this one; Smash is back on stream.

Way to look like incompetent morons, Nintendo. Maybe next time make good decisions in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hi all.

So I find myself in Las Vegas and I just found out that EVO is starting this weekend. I've been so long out of the SF scene that I forgot it was even on!!.

I'm leaving late on Friday evening. For anyone that has attended before. Is there anything ever going on on the Thursday night before it starts. Im definitely gonna check some matches out on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/11/evo-co-founder-says-nintendo-tried-to-shut-down-evo-2013/

Evo co founder said nintendo not only tried to shut down the smash bros stream but the event entirely

Evil corporations :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

BanjoB wrote: »
    I'm leaving late on Friday evening. For anyone that has attended before. Is there anything ever going on on the Thursday night before it starts. Im definitely gonna check some matches out on the Friday.

You need to prereg to get into EVO I believe.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/11/evo-co-founder-says-nintendo-tried-to-shut-down-evo-2013/
    Evo co founder said nintendo not only tried to shut down the smash bros stream but the event entirely

Wow. **** you, Nintendo.

http://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv/b/428679055?t=1h16m

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

No way I can get in just as a spectator??.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

BanjoB wrote: »
    No way I can get in just as a spectator??.
    Spectators still require a $20 pass this year. I'm not 100% on them being prereg only too, but I think they are.

• Advertisement

Last year they introduced paid spectator passes because the attendance was getting out of hand from non-competitors.

When we went in 2011, there was a pre-evo night out on the Thursday that was great craic.

Advertisement