Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo all nighter 14/07/13 XGC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I've chat with them about everything

€100 was put down for deposit by me, I was told the deposit was going to be €50 had it been booked back in May
    but as it stands, this was really tough for him to book with such short notice.

More people that attend, the cheaper the event will be overall, so gtfo to this event it'll be a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Nutrient wrote: »

More people that attend, the cheaper the event will be overall

How will this be sorted?
    No one pays until say 1am when a total number is confirmed?

Also, Doom can you use your magic to let us see who voted yes?

I think with an event like this people should be able to see who has confirmed to attend, especially if they don't show and others have to pay more..

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Doyler01 wrote: »
    How will this be sorted?

I think with an event like this people should be able to see who has confirmed to attend, especially if they don't show and others have to pay more..

damn does it not show the poll? 28 voted yes and a good few who dont frequent boards are coming so over 30 ppl roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    damn does it not show the poll? 28 voted yes and a good few who dont frequent boards are coming so over 30 ppl roughly

It shows the results, but usually you can click into the results and see who voted yes and no.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fraid not, whether the voters are visible or not is based on an option picked at the time of creation of the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

How will this be sorted?

Someone will collect the amount after a certain time when more people attending will be unlikely, this will be given to the attendee for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

What time is this starting at because the Evo stream should be starting at about 6 PM our time? I need to know what bus I should get.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

it starts when xgc close, so around 10-11pm, usually we rent out a console anyway around 6 or get food etc. This year's finals is starting really early though, we can always just bring a laptop and watch it on that in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Make sure whatever consoles people are using for casuals beforehand are paid up and people pay their normal casuals money before everything kicks off this time, I remember it being a bit of a pain last year.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    it starts when xgc close, so around 10-11pm, usually we rent out a console anyway around 6 or get food etc. This year's finals is starting really early though, we can always just bring a laptop and watch it on that in the meantime.

Well if that's the case can somebody please bring a laptop. I really don't wanna miss KOF. I could bring mine but it is pretty ass and I don't want to be carrying a third bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

What time are people going to XGC? I'm just bumming around Dublin until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I've been trying to book a bus, but their booking system has been giving me complaints. I should be able to get a bus down anyway, but if I'm not there sharing the hype with anyone, that'll be why.

Enjoy the night, folks!

I'm probably going to be getting into Dublin around 4 PM so if anyone wants to head to the XGC for casuals then I will give them a few games because I would rather not be bumming around Dublin doing nothing for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'd like to bring some Smash casuals to this, what cables would I need to connect a Wii to the XGC TVs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd like to bring some Smash casuals to this, what cables would I need to connect a Wii to the XGC TVs?

Components work fine in xgc!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Components work fine in xgc!

I'll bring it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Afraid i can't make it due to unforeseen circumstances, sorry about the late notice! Hope everyone has a great night!

Hey guys. I'm already down in the XGC with a console booked if anyone wants a few games.

Kanped wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm already down in the XGC with a console booked if anyone wants a few games.

Man you got there way too early.

Forced to check out of a hostel/hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Will be in for about 3/4 if anyone's about

• Advertisement

Man you got there way too early.

Forced to check out of a hostel/hotel?

Yep. 10am. Trying to learn Wesker all alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Who's bringing laptops so we can actually watch evo btw? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll bring one + HDMI cable

Laptops are important, but even more important is that everyone showers before heading in.

It's hot today and by the time we start everyone will have been sweating all day already.

It's going to smell bad by the end regardless, but everything we can do to limit it we should.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

GorySnake wrote: »
    I'll bring one + HDMI cable
    Thanks! By the way, I'm after forgetting my copy of games on the rush for the bus. Who's bringing games for casuals?

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Thanks! By the way, I'm after forgetting my copy of games on the rush for the bus. Who's bringing games for casuals?

I've got Marvel and SSF4 (not AE). I have ae on my own 360 with me if we can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My friend's taking a laptop to use for streaming Evo and we'll be taking games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Nevflinn wrote: »

Bringing all of mine including all the popular ones, minus MK and Injustice. That's 10-15 FGs.

Kanped wrote: »
    I've got Marvel and SSF4 (not AE). I have ae on my own 360 with me if we can use it.

I have AE on a USB, no trouble using it on their consoles. Just need to sign in.

• Advertisement

Smash finals are in an hour. Is anyone bringing a laptop before then?

Advertisement