Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend wifi using 2nd router - need help

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have a netgear wireless N router in my house. It's ip addy is 10.0.01. I am trying to extend my wifi to my garage so I have used some home plugs to get connection there but now I want the homeplug to plug into a 2nd router (Cisco EPC 2425) out there. I would like the 2nd router to emit the same dhcp as the original router but I do not know if that is possible. I read something about using it as a bridge? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Once you access the browser of the second router you should be able to disable dhcp in the settings.
    I also think you need to insert the ethernet cable from the plug into a free ethernet slot on the second router and not the dsl socket. In that way the second router should act like a bridge.

I have found setting up such a connection to be quite tricky as there are so many routers and modems with different settings but the above is how my extended network operates. Best of luck.

Advertisement