Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi folks... Google Chrome seems to have vanished from my computer. Is there another similar homepage I could have.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

me4many wrote: »
    Hi folks... Google Chrome seems to have vanished from my computer. Is there another similar homepage I could have.
    Thanks.

Google Chrome isn't a homepage, it's a web browser.
    Has the program disappeared, or the homepage in your web browser changed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps OP used a shortcut on the desktop that might have been removed?
    Try using search on the computer and see if you can find Chrome again.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭me4many

Thanks for all the help folks...all back in action again.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Hi all

I really hope someone can help! I'm not techy at all, but please bear with me if you can.

Google Chrome was set as my default browser and was going great for me. But this evening an AVG message appeared (that I usually ignore as I have Microsoft Essentials security installed), and went with installing it.

Since then I cannot get my familiar browser back and my bookmarks are gone. My gmail looks different. Also, searching while YouTube on the internet Explorer does bring up the search option, programmes that usually run with no issue are just stalling or not playing at all!!

Even the font on this text looks wrong! Can anyone please help an eejit like myself?? Please... And thanks...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hi all

I really hope someone can help! I'm not techy at all, but please bear with me if you can.

Google Chrome was set as my default browser and was going great for me. But this evening an AVG message appeared (that I usually ignore as I have Microsoft Essentials security installed), and went with installing it.

Since then I cannot get my familiar browser back and my bookmarks are gone. My gmail looks different. Also, searching while YouTube on the internet Explorer does bring up the search option, programmes that usually run with no issue are just stalling or not playing at all!!

Even the font on this text looks wrong! Can anyone please help an eejit like myself?? Please... And thanks...!

Did you have AVG installed before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Bad idea to have 2 AV software installed. Choose one.

Advertisement