Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In relation to your most recent advertisement.

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am a Bank of Ireland student account holder. While watching the television this evening (Tuesday, 03/07/13), my ears were assaulted by a Bank of Ireland advertisement. An injustice to the English language, so it may be called. 
    I am sure that most will be familiar with the concept of aorist perfect vs. true perfect (I wrote vs. I have written; I sang vs. I have sung) but it seems that there was quite an immense oversight in the production of this latest advertisement in the form of "I have took", as opposed to one of the correct forms - "I took/ I have taken". 

I apologise for this, as I understand that it will be difficult to rectify, but I thought it would be best to bring it to your attention. 
    Kind regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi nogivingup,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the advertisement. We will pass this on to our Marketing Team.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement