Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "flatline" Athlone Half Marathon – Sat 14th Sept 2013, 11am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Just a reminder to those interested that registration closes in 2 weeks for this.

Won't be long coming around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Just signed up - looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

I'm in for this one as well. Looks like a sweet course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

The not so glamorous glamour couple are in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    The not so glamorous glamour couple are in :)

I'm in too.
    I'll pace ya to 1:24:xx ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm in too.
    I'll pace ya to 1:24:xx ;)

It's a date ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

there'll be 3 of us so! (easy now........)

Nice one, looks like a great little crowd going to this now. Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

blockic wrote: »
    Nice one, looks like a great little crowd going to this now. Looking forward to it!

Apparently I've been entered (said the nun to the bishop ;) )

I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

I'm also paid up. Three flat races for me - Monaghan, Athlone and the slightly more glamorous Chicago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Doing this one too, for the kicks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Signed up too, will stick with the 1:45 pacers and then add a few kms at the end for a two hour PMP run.

Did it last year too, great race, well organised, cheap and pan flat so ideal for my purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'm in also...hopefully a good marker for Chicago!

Lets start a table for those that aren't in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

This race is turning into a who's who of boardsies. Shall we make it interesting with a team competition? Everyone ranked on likely finish time, fastest runner paired with least fast, 2nd fastest with 2nd least fast etc. Cumulative time (or placing?) for each team. Winners get pride and bragging rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I'm also heading to Athlone:) but I'm taking the easier option of taking my time to enjoy the scenery and am doing the Full instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Not entered just yet, but most likely will be..

Marthastew wrote: »
    I'm also heading to Athlone:) but I'm taking the easier option of taking my time to enjoy the scenery and am doing the Full instead.

Is MrStew coming along also?
    What else is in your plans for the rest of the year?

belcarra wrote: »
    Is MrStew coming along also?
    What else is in your plans for the rest of the year?

He hasn't signed up yet but since all the fun peeps are going I'm sure he will. He's racing DCM this year. We are both currently trying to undo the damage of too much fun and relaxation on holidays. A lot of work to be done:eek:

How's the recovery going for you?

I'm sure meno-lace-o'hanlon-froth-dnf-stew-stalker will pace you to a 1:24 too ;)

Marthastew wrote: »
    He hasn't signed up yet but since all the fun peeps are going I'm sure he will. He's racing DCM this year. We are both currently trying to undo the damage of too much fun and relaxation on holidays. A lot of work to be done:eek:

How's the recovery going for you?

Finally beginning to get back to normal now. Important 6 weeks in front of me with this race intended to tell a lot given that both Chicago and it are flat courses (allegedly!).

• Advertisement

Not entered just yet, but most likely will be..

That's meno's wish everytime the weekend comes around ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    That's meno's wish everytime the weekend comes around ;)

Time to lay off the coffee Officer Digger;) It's only 9am and you're on fire already

Peckham wrote: »
    This race is turning into a who's who of boardsies. Shall we make it interesting with a team competition? Everyone ranked on likely finish time, fastest runner paired with least fast, 2nd fastest with 2nd least fast etc. Cumulative time (or placing?) for each team. Winners get pride and bragging rights.

Great idea Peckham, for a bit of fun. We can do up a list of boardies running once registration closes and pair people off according to est. finish time.

Pity the cup is now with the beer milers and even worse, sitting proudly on TRR's mantelpiece! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I'm signing up for this too today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Ah sure why not - sounds like it's going to be a big boards crew!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

I just signed up for this today. €20 entry is a steal compared to €45 for the Galway Bay Half

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Lucky I registered the other day. With you now confirmed a Tsunami of entries are sure to follow😉

Pronator wrote: »
    Lucky I registered the other day. With you now confirmed a Tsunami of entries are sure to follow😉

Already looking forward to the hot weather Krusty is bound to bring!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

belcarra wrote: »
    Lets start a table for those that aren't in...
    P!ss off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Anyone else notice this in the FAQ section of the website, or am I just dreaming
    Q: What does my entry fee include?

A: Race Entry, Timing Chip, Technical T Shirt, Finishers Medal, Water stations on the route, High 5 gels on the route, fruit, water and isotonic beer at the finish line and shower facilities after the race.

Advertisement