Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "flatline" Athlone Half Marathon – Sat 14th Sept 2013, 11am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I think Blocky's team should get a DNF for the team competition and placed LAST.

:pac:

I think as Peckham and I no longer have a team mate we should just pair up together....sorted! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Well, you've just had a volunteer a couple of posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Peckham wrote: »
    Am going to reshuffle things to take account of PaulieYifter being unable to run. Easiest solution is for me to step aside, and pair up quinlivan and docjewel giving them a handicap based on their PBs. A bit messy, but it's better than a wholesale reshuffle.

Still no word from the following runners. Is anyone able to say whether they are definitely taking part?

- dublin runner
    - vinny1313
    - Mint Sauce

With any luck I'm still in. I've a nasty feeling that I could be coming down with a cold though and won't take any chances, don't want to be out for 2 or 3 weeks with the DCM only 6 weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

I've done a bit of rejigging, specifically:

- PaulieYifter out through injury
    - RedRunner out through injury
    - Myself out due to self-enforced recovery period
    - docjewel kindly withdrawing from this mini-contest to balance up the numbers

There is one slight change to the teams - blockic and quinlivan are now partnered together. Details here.

MintSauce and vinny1313 - can you please PM me with your real names so that I can identify you in the race results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

vinny1313 wrote: »
    With any luck I'm still in. I've a nasty feeling that I could be coming down with a cold though and won't take any chances, don't want to be out for 2 or 3 weeks with the DCM only 6 weeks away.

Get thee to a Doctor ASAP!! PB all the way for you on Saturday!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

blockic wrote: »
    I think Peckham and I should just pair up together....sorted! :pac::cool:

Duuuurrrrtttttyyyyy........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

belcarra wrote: »
    Get thee to a Doctor ASAP!! PB all the way for you on Saturday!;)

It's off topic I know, but what good is going to a doctor at this stage going to do?

It's not like I've any symptoms yet, just a bit of dry throat. My immune system tends to struggle during heavy training and I think the 16k on Saturday followed by the 35k on Sunday may have been too much. I've also got a 5 year old with a runny nose and cough, chances are I'm catching it, but hopefully I'm just paranoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

There is one slight change to the teams - blockic and quinlivan are now partnered together.

Ah Jaysus :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

I've done a bit of rejigging, specifically:

- PaulieYifter out through injury
    - RedRunner out through injury
    - Myself out due to self-enforced recovery period
    - docjewel kindly withdrawing from this mini-contest to balance up the numbers

There is one slight change to the teams - blockic and quinlivan are now partnered together. Details here.

MintSauce and vinny1313 - can you please PM me with your real names so that I can identify you in the race results.

Bye Peckham - it was great being paired with you... Hi blockic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Is St. Aloysius College beside Clonown National School? When i type it into google maps the national school comes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Is St. Aloysius College beside Clonown National School? When i type it into google maps the national school comes up

Co ordinates as per the website

Longitude: -7.948153, Latitude: 53.420575

http://athlonehalfmarathon.com/joomla16/index.php/directions

Although just tried them in Google and it brings me to the middle of the Indian Ocean.

:D

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Co ordinates as per the website

Longitude: -7.948153, Latitude: 53.420575

http://athlonehalfmarathon.com/joomla16/index.php/directions

Although just tried them in Google and it brings me to the middle of the Indian Ocean.

Try them this way

53.420575 -7.948153

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

So what are the latest odds? CL and Pistol odds-on?

How about a credit limit of a max of 1 minute better than predicted time to account for any sandbaggers out there (there must be some:p)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

slowsteady wrote: »

How about a credit limit of a max of 1 minute better than predicted time to account for any sandbaggers out there (there must be some:p)?

Nah, CL will be overcooked from all the racing this week. The unknown combo of dublin runner and youself will blow up while quinlivan and I will snyeak in under the radar for victory. Simples. :cool:

So you want someone to slow down if they are potentially having the run of their life?

Although doubt I currently have that worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

If anyones entry for Saturday is going a begging & you want to sell it on can you PM as I have a club mate who wants to run this. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Nah, CL will be overcooked from all the racing this week. The unknown combo of dublin runner and youself will blow up while quinlivan and I will snyeak in under the radar for victory. Simples. :cool:

dont underestimate the auld man & Pointer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

dont underestimate the auld man & Pointer.......

Don't overestimate Pointer

The unknown combo has one half with a marathon in his legs but the unknown other half from the Big Smoke could bring us through:p.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So you want someone to slow down if they are potentially having the run of their life?
    Believe me, if I am on for a good time nothing will stop me getting to the beer (alcohol-free:eek:) in record time. Just for handicapping the results - there has to be one or two out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Flyer

antomagoo wrote: »
    If anyones entry for Saturday is going a begging & you want to sell it on can you PM as I have a club mate who wants to run this. Cheers

Hope you are taking the tapering seriously - less miles more intensity. I'll let you rest on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

What makes you so sure i was racing on Tuesday and not "locking the pace into the legs" as some persons of questionable orientation around here might say... ;);) haha. By the way if no one hears from Pete over the next few48 hours don't worry....he's locked in my panic room practising his 'failure will be reprimanded' mantras!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Flyer wrote: »
    Hope you are taking the tapering seriously - less miles more intensity. I'll let you rest on Friday.

Yes Sir, going to throw a few 800s @ 10K pace into the legs tonight just to sharpen up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

claralara wrote: »
    By the way if no one hears from Pete over the next few48 hours don't worry....he's locked in my panic room practising his 'failure will be reprimanded' mantras!!

Always useful to put the fear of God into people :D

Especially if you think they're going to bottle it on the day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Always useful to put the fear of God into people :D

Especially if you think they're going to bottle it on the day ;)

I'll be grand don't you worry ;)

Hopefully the legs come back to normal in time after 10 mile tempo tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

^^^^^

Have you seen Pistol run?? :pac::D;):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Thanks to the Athlone Flatline Crew for allowing me to defer my entry to next year!

Best of luck to everyone running on Saturday.Looking forward to reading the after-race banter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Is it 10 or 10.30 reg closed at as seen both times?

digger2d2 wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Have you seen Pistol run?? :pac::D;):eek:
    Are you suggesting the odds might be too short or too long??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

10.30 on race briefing

Advertisement