Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "flatline" Athlone Half Marathon – Sat 14th Sept 2013, 11am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

slowsteady wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the odds might be too short or too long??:rolleyes:

Well..... The picture below shows CL trying to get Pistol away from the Players Lounge :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrUYQfS_0YAmWisf57jhtFXpWf_Pm2E-zyPaUqC1y_kikzp-3cmw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Well..... The picture below shows CL trying to get Pistol away from the Players Lounge :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrUYQfS_0YAmWisf57jhtFXpWf_Pm2E-zyPaUqC1y_kikzp-3cmw

Your some bo**ox :D

Between CL racing every night and me coming down with a cold we'll be lucky if we both finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

pistol_75 wrote: »

Between CL racing every night and me coming down with a cold we'll be lucky if we both finish.
    We need to shorten the odds so:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Things are quiet with less 24 hours to go!

Is everyone set to go! Looking forward to dinner tasting good tomorrow evening after victory! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Best of luck everyone! See y'all there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Looking forward to this all week.

This is a low volume week, so only did a total of 35k all week which just feels completely alien at this stage of training, FFS I did 29k in one session last week.

Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

blockic wrote: »
    Things are quiet with less 24 hours to go!

Is everyone set to go! Looking forward to dinner tasting good tomorrow evening after victory! :pac:

Its quiet cause everyone already knows that RachelJev and I are gonna kick their asses. You seem kinda jumpy blocky....nerves getting to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Sounds like the self doubt is setting in with blockic :-D:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

martyboy48 wrote: »

Yup- his posts reek of desperation...

drquirky wrote: »
    Its quiet cause everyone already knows that RachelJev and I are gonna kick their asses. You seem kinda jumpy blocky....nerves getting to ya?
    martyboy48 wrote: »

Lads, ye are just adding fuel to my fire!! :cool: This will be sweet victory...when quinlivan finishes in 1:42 tomorrow. ;)

See ye round 10:15 tomorrow in the hall. Ye should spot us by drquirky wearing a horrible coloured Tallaght AC singlet! ;) Can't miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Well one member of Team Floo has managed to avoid the....eh... flu, so its on like Donkey Kong :pac:
    I hope I'm not sandbagging with predicted time

Weather Report

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Athlone~2966839/

Perfect for PBs - and beating the lard out of all comers:D (now if I knew how my partner's training was going.....)

antomagoo wrote: »
    Well one member of Team Floo has managed to avoid the....eh... flu, so its on like Donkey Kong :pac:
    Given your predicted time is one second faster than mine I'll be drafting till 200 to go.....and then......

(one of two things will happen.....):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Looking forward to dinner tasting good tomorrow evening after victory! :pac:

I'd be worried if I was you

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

Anyone I can pace with? My GPS watch was stolen last week so I'll be running to feel. Targeting 83 or lower.

I'd be worried if I was you

:eek: You're obviously not training them well enough...I thought they would all be running all day, everyday? :confused::p

Lay down the law will ya! Reducing my chances ya are! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Good luck to all tomorrow. Disappointed I'm not able to make it, but looking forward to calculating the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

I'm out too as I have to attend a funeral, probably no harm as I'm still fighting off a cold. Best of luck to all taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Peckham wrote: »
    Good luck to all tomorrow. Disappointed I'm not able to make it, but looking forward to calculating the results!

I'd just like to point out the last time Peckham calculated results for a boards team competition (2010) he ripped Shels and myself off. Now as you all know I wouldn't bang on about things like this but It was a bloody disgrace. Funnily enough peckham's team won. You might be all right this year with him on the side lines ;)

Docjewel to sub in for vinny perhaps?
    TRR wrote: »
    Now as you all know I wouldn't bang on about things like this

:D Classic TRR!

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Now as you all know I wouldn't bang on about things like this

:D Classic TRR!

Yeah, he likes to lock in comments like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Flyer

antomagoo wrote: »

Great to hear you are in top form. Looking forward to meeting up. All systems go.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Best of luck everyone especially to my partner RunForestRun! The only way is up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Mr Stew and I are just back from registration where the Flatline Crew gave us a warm welcome. They're all set up and well organised for a busy morning.

@Muppetman; I'm taking the easy option and doing the Full but Mr Stew is all set to fulfil his side of the deal and I've got some locals lined up to kidnap Claralara on her way to the start. Team Muppetstew are go:D (I'm sure digger will point out that that's one of Meno's names;))

Very, very best of luck to all for a great race, I hope to be waiting at the finish line to cheer you all in

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Best of luck everybody - raging I'm missing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Best of luck to you as well MS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

After the discussions this morning, I've renamed Team Pistolara to Team Zooomo!! ;)

claralara wrote: »
    After the discussions this morning, I've renamed Team Pistolara to Team Zooomo!! ;)

I much preferred the original Larapist ;)

Larapist ;)

Nah, nothing exciting about that. Sure that's a weekly occurance! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I much preferred the original Larapist ;)

Larapist in Athlone for a PB hopefully... :D

Advertisement