Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "flatline" Athlone Half Marathon – Sat 14th Sept 2013, 11am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

RedRunner wrote: »
    I'll be the one on crutches and reeking of deep heat ;)

How are ya fixed? I want daily updates on my log! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Flyer

blockic wrote: »
    Great stuff I'll be around early anyway and will call over.

Lad's will be a good opportunity to get a group snap at this. How bout we meet in the registration hall at 10:15 for a pre race chat and pic? I'll wear my boards t-shirt so ye all know who we are!

How do you get a boards t-shirt? Will they be on sale in Athlone at race?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 iarmhi1975

We have Pixels Pro at the race and they will take group pictures for people. Expecting big things from the boards ac runners in this neck of the woods. Surely one of you fine runners can go under 70 mins :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Nice to see we're generating some interest - I should be around early too. Will revise things during the week to take account of PaulieYifter's injury. Don't really want to reshuffle all the teams as the banter is flowing, so will keep disruption to a minimum.

Also, am still waiting on a few real names. Can the following please identify themselves by PM.

dublin runner
    pacman
    vinny1313
    Mint Sauce
    Geld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I'll be hitting the road early Blocky so should be there for pre race chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Due to other commitments I'm still not sure if Im able to make Sat, hence why I haven't added my name to the table. But will def introduce myself to ye if I make it, be good to put some faces to these names :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi Peckham,

I'm having trouble trying to PM you and I'm not sure if the message are getting through or not. Can you let me know if you got it.

Thanks

Flyer wrote: »
    How do you get a boards t-shirt? Will they be on sale in Athlone at race?

A thread is usually started every couple of years and an order goes in, the last order was not so long ago so you could be waiting a while for the next one!

pointer28 wrote: »
    Hi Peckham,

I'm having trouble trying to PM you and I'm not sure if the message are getting through or not. Can you let me know if you got it.

Thanks

Got it. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

iarmhi1975 wrote: »
    We have a video organised again for this years race. This league table has been noticed by all the guys on the team and is being watched with interest.

Could I have a few representative of Boards AC during registration to have a chat and explain all, lay down the gauntlet and all that.

Claralara is used to doing media work. Give her a shout ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Lad's will be a good opportunity to get a group snap at this. How bout we meet in the registration hall at 10:15 for a pre race chat and pic? I'll wear my boards t-shirt so ye all know who we are!

I'll be the one coughing & sneezing. Woke up this morning with horrible head cold & sore throat :mad: Probably from all the standing around in the cold & rain yesterday. I will be dosing up on the uniflow & vit C like a junkie, no way am I letting all the work of the last few weeks go in the bin in a snot rag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

I can't wait for Blockics speech.......going to be epic. Hair standing on end type of stuff.
    Apparently he'll be getting us into a big huddle, with him in the middle giving it all JBM style......

No pressure buddy......

I can't wait for Blockics speech.......going to be epic. Hair standing on end type of stuff.
    Apparently he'll be getting us into a big huddle, with him in the middle giving it all JBM style......

No pressure buddy......

Haha, one speech this month was enough for me thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

@ pistol 75 - there is absolutely no truth in the rumour that I'm planning to kick Claralara in both shins while she's warming up.....

nor have I arranged for a hit squad to barricade her in the ladies bathroom so that she misses the start. It's all lies I tell ya :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Really looking forward to this race on Saturday.

Have a bloody headcold for the past two days but that wont hinder me! will it?

I also have to say that the communication by the organisers, on here, facebook and their website is fantastic. Well played guys/gals

@ pistol 75 - there is absolutely no truth in the rumour that I'm planning to kick Claralara in both shins while she's warming up.....

nor have I arranged for a hit squad to barricade her in the ladies bathroom so that she misses the start. It's all lies I tell ya :eek:

I think she must have been taken out already. She was pestering me since the teams were announced but didn't hear from her over the weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I think she must have been taken out already. She was pestering me since the teams were announced but didn't hear from her over the weekend :rolleyes:

I think she lost all hope when she saw you were in the Player's bar in the aviva!!:D

belcarra wrote: »
    I think she lost all hope when she saw you were in the Player's bar in the aviva!!:D

That was mild enough compared to Saturday night/Sunday morning :D Better start training

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dmar1977

Hi folks,

anyone know anyone selling a race entry? would appreciate the help.

Thanks

The finish line celebration prize looks like it's specifically designed for some people here!

Taken from the Facebook page...
    Its not all about the running. Athlone Town Centre have organised some prizes for the day. Have a bit of fun winning these

Prize 1 €50 Athlone Towncentre Voucher: Best Finish Line Celebration

Prize 2 €50 Athlone Towncentre Voucher: Most Colourful Outfit

Prize 3 €50 Athlone Towncentre Voucher: Person Wearing the Most Pink

Prize 4 €50 Athlone Towncentre Voucher: Random Act of Kindness MALE

Prize 5 €30 Sirana Spa Voucher: Random Act of Kindness FEMALE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Peckham wrote: »
    I've also updated the spreadsheet with the list of usernames where I don't know the real identify (needed to calculate the results). Apologies if I've met you before and should know who you are.

A further column is included of those who, judging by their PM to me, think that I'm someone else.

I do of course know who you are.... you're the good looking one of the malahide parkrun organisers....oh wait... ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

pistol_75 wrote: »

I was letting you enjoy your birthday in peace. Rest assured that you won't get another moment of it between now and 12:33 on Saturday. What the hell are you doing on the internet anyway?! Get out for a bleedin run!!

Am going to reshuffle things to take account of PaulieYifter being unable to run. Easiest solution is for me to step aside, and pair up quinlivan and docjewel giving them a handicap based on their PBs. A bit messy, but it's better than a wholesale reshuffle.

Still no word from the following runners. Is anyone able to say whether they are definitely taking part?

- dublin runner
    - vinny1313
    - Mint Sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Weather for Athlone for Saturday - looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

almost perfect, not overly hot, not windy, no rain.. bugger .. no excuses !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Am going to reshuffle things to take account of PaulieYifter being unable to run. Easiest solution is for me to step aside, and pair up quinlivan and docjewel giving them a handicap based on their PBs. A bit messy, but it's better than a wholesale reshuffle.

Still no word from the following runners. Is anyone able to say whether they are definitely taking part?

- dublin runner
    - vinny1313
    - Mint Sauce

would it help matters if I withdrew?Seriously considering it due to back problem

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

- dublin runner
    - vinny1313
    - Mint Sauce

I am able to confirm I will be there.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

After much soul searching and sensible advice from fellow Boardies I've decided to withdraw from this race. Sorry if that mucks up the table and teams Peckham but I think this is the right thing for me to do at this stage.

Blockic...we could have been a contender...sorry about that.Hope you have a great race.

The next gig...you'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

I can join the team thingy ye are running even though I have no idea what it is. Im on the slower side PB 1:56:16 - Projected time for Athlone 1:50:00. You can throw me in the pot if ye need someone else. But absolutely no worries if there is no room, because I have no idea what I'm doing

xVyoSl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

RedRunner wrote: »
    After much soul searching and sensible advice from fellow Boardies I've decided to withdraw from this race. Sorry if that mucks up the table and teams Peckham but I think this is the right thing for me to do at this stage.

Blockic...we could have been a contender...sorry about that.Hope you have a great race.

The next gig...you'll see!

I think Blocky's team should get a DNF for the team competition and placed LAST.

:pac:

Advertisement