Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loose milsim loadout....looking to use a black plate carrier on a desert marpat gear.

• 02-07-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,

I need your help and opinions.

up until now i have used a black somewhat SWAT style load out, now i want to go to an airsoft game that is marketed as loose milsim....and have decided to rock the desert marpat look or maybe acu ... my choices are limited to a tan look.

but my problem is simple......budget..... I can get a new pants and top/s for acceptable money but the price of a new plate carrier or general vest is more then i can afford realistically.....

Is it ok to use a black or non camo patterned vest and related pouches in a loose milsim setup??

what do people who are into mil sim think and use??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

for your event is there a camo/uniform requirement?
    if not, it is acceptable imo to wear what you like and what is most comfortable or suits your requirements best.
    you could try the adverts section here to try pick up any bits you want as a bargain can often be found on good second hand kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nicmcs

thermo wrote: »
    for your event is there a camo/uniform requirement?
    if not, it is acceptable imo to wear what you like and what is most comfortable or suits your requirements best.
    you could try the adverts section here to try pick up any bits you want as a bargain can often be found on good second hand kit.

yeah i was thinking of that..
    the event has stated the colours basically as either tan based or green based, there are a few examples of each and i like the desert mar pat.

If a person had eg desert marpat pants and jacket would you get away with a black vest?? or is it just man up and buy a tan coloured vest??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Have a gander at pictures of forces on deployment, and see if you can count how many actually have a completely matching set of gear. Differing vests/pouches/bags etc are all as commonplace in the real world as they are in a skirmish. Didn't the US famously roll into Iraq with woodland pattern hazmat suits?

I wouldn't stress about it. As long as you look like you have one main colour (IE, your clothes), everything else is just going to be picked on by pedantic players with little else to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nicmcs

NakedDex wrote: »
    Have a gander at pictures of forces on deployment, and see if you can count how many actually have a completely matching set of gear. Differing vests/pouches/bags etc are all as commonplace in the real world as they are in a skirmish. Didn't the US famously roll into Iraq with woodland pattern hazmat suits?

I wouldn't stress about it. As long as you look like you have one main colour (IE, your clothes), everything else is just going to be picked on by pedantic players with little else to worry about.

Sounds good, I will aim for that and if i can splash out on a tan plate carrier then even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

33642926qh9.jpg

LAPD swat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement