Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork girls...need a place to crash!

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Ok..so here is the situation...myself and my sister (who will only just be back from Oz) really want to go to Galway for the August bank holiday weekend....Accomodation appears to be completely booked up for the Saturday and Sunday night's!!! Can anyone assist with putting us up for a night or two???

I know it's a long shot but we are pretty
    desperate at this stage :-(

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Aug 3rd and 4th is it? Booking.com says theres loads available.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Checked there op,
    There's loads of B&B's available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Are the girls just looking for a freebie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Couch Surfing was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Ok..so here is the situation...myself and my sister (who will only just be back from Oz) really want to go to Galway for the August bank holiday weekend....Accomodation appears to be completely booked up for the Saturday and Sunday night's!!! Can anyone assist with putting us up for a night or two???

I know it's a long shot but we are pretty
    desperate at this stage :-(

Trying to get accommodation on the weekend of the races? My advice is don't hold your breath and if you get anywhere hold your nose while paying because it probably won't be cheap.

Try the hostels, they might have something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭NoPasaran

Seems legit

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Not really sure what you're getting at here, swiftman. But if you can't be helpful to the OP, please don't bother posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Give it a miss. It's not worth risking your well being to use a service like couch surfing. I know a guy in the city who posted on couch surfing, trick being he didn't tell the women that he lived in a van!

Also heard from a guy in Australia that he tried it out and got assaulted by the guy who owned the apartment he got.

It's a dumb idea, you need to be naive to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, if I was going drinking in another town on a bank holiday I'd rather wake up in a B&B bed than someone's apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Again, as I've elsewhere posted, house in Clifden, own helipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Give it a miss. It's not worth risking your well being to use a service like couch surfing. I know a guy in the city who posted on couch surfing, trick being he didn't tell the women that he lived in a van!

Also heard from a guy in Australia that he tried it out and got assaulted by the guy who owned the apartment he got.

It's a dumb idea, you need to be naive to risk it.
    Couchsurfing has it's dangers but if you go with someone that has had a lot of people staying with them and plenty of feedback you can't go far wrong. I've been a couchsurfing host and met people in different countries through it though.

I wouldn't use it personally while traveling because I don't like the idea of staying at someones house but I've never had a problem with people that stay with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Thanks for all the replies.

Ideally we were trying to find a place in the town centre as we will probably be getting a bus up and all the places that were recommended to us were completely booked up!!!

Anyway, looks like we have a few others coming up with us now so we will try and sort out a house for the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

antoobrien wrote: »
    Trying to get accommodation on the weekend of the races? My advice is don't hold your breath and if you get anywhere hold your nose while paying because it probably won't be cheap.

Try the hostels, they might have something.

Total agree with this. Good luck getting accomdation during race week. Most house and apartments are let for the week during the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Try Niland House
    It's on merchant st in the heart of the city
    You can rent an apartment by the night & off street parking free
    I've stayed there when everywhere in Galway has been booked out
    Last time 4 of us stayed there at €50 a head per night and its a nice place
    The owners called Oliver and they can be contacted @ <snip>

Mod: Contact number removed, PM balcan if you want to contact the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Sorry here's the link
    www.nilandhouseapartments.com

Advertisement