Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destruction in Hartstown

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Railings done. Contractor coming in to plough the land this week and resow the lawn apparently.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

That's because you don't put a value on space.

The simple lack-of-anything, empty, nothingness of pure space. You can never get enough of it. In an office full of people, in a busy suburb a little less clutter a little more room has a great value. In our urban sprawl we have to fill in every last square. We have to concrete over every blade of grass.

What your building might have many benefits and advantages but never forget that having nothing there at all is a resource and a prize.

At least someone see the value of it. Thanks.
    January wrote: »
    Move to the country then... I do put a value on space but when the choice is between an open park that people can use as a short cut to get to the shops or a building where children can do P.E. in a safe, dry environment, then I'll pick the building every time. Especially, as I pointed out before, with the Irish weather. Can you imagine a group of kids doing exercise out in that rain today?

There's no shortage of green space in Hartstown, it may not be as close to his front door as J.P.M. would like but it's still there.

January that is the attitude that I find appalling. I would like you to move off this thread but is that going to happen? The area is just an open space with railings around it, it looks very classy. There will be no roof so the kids won't be able to use it when it rains.
    The shortcut was never really my issue!

I am sick of the do gooders. Everything is but.....

dodzy wrote: »
    Railings done. Contractor coming in to plough the land this week and resow the lawn apparently.

That is great news isnt it?

I have been abused by a cyclist that thought it was his right to cycle on the path while I waiting for a bus.

Dog owners that think it is ok to take up the path with leads full of dogs.

It really is a joke.

Last night I was harrased at the spot where the new gate is, it is a blindspot. Three lads hanging out in it. I was asked for a smoke and I said I don't have one to spare. I kept walking half way up the path and I was shouted at and abused.Then they started to follow me and kept shouting abuse. I felt very imtimidated.
    They followed me to the garage. When I came out they were gone.

First time in this area I have ever been imtimidated like that. So be warned walking that path, the recessed area of the gate will become a scumbag hangout.

I also noticed that the main path is in a bad state all cracked and broken from the bad snow we had and how long ago was that? It is really a saftey concern. So I urge you all to make this an issue. It is also prone to folling the sate it is in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think that it is great news that they are extending the school again. I was in the original school and the 1st extension and it was an is a brilliant school.
    Back then we had 3 classes of each class with over 40 in each class so if loosing a bit of the field beside it means smaller classes and a good education for the younger kids I personally support it.

J.P.M wrote: »
    At least someone see the value of it. Thanks.

January that is the attitude that I find appalling. I would like you to move off this thread but is that going to happen? The area is just an open space with railings around it, it looks very classy. There will be no roof so the kids won't be able to use it when it rains.
    The shortcut was never really my issue!

I am sick of the do gooders. Everything is but.....

That is great news isnt it?

I have been abused by a cyclist that thought it was his right to cycle on the path while I waiting for a bus.

Dog owners that think it is ok to take up the path with leads full of dogs.

It really is a joke.

Last night I was harrased at the spot where the new gate is, it is a blindspot. Three lads hanging out in it. I was asked for a smoke and I said I don't have one to spare. I kept walking half way up the path and I was shouted at and abused.Then they started to follow me and kept shouting abuse. I felt very imtimidated.
    They followed me to the garage. When I came out they were gone.

First time in this area I have ever been imtimidated like that. So be warned walking that path, the recessed area of the gate will become a scumbag hangout.

I also noticed that the main path is in a bad state all cracked and broken from the bad snow we had and how long ago was that? It is really a saftey concern. So I urge you all to make this an issue. It is also prone to folling the sate it is in.

The best thing you could do is lock yourself into your house, wrap yourself in cotton wool, pull the blinds and turn off all the lights. Dont watch TV. Maybe a tin foil hat too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK guys less of the personal stuff - focus on the post, not the poster.

I will have to close the thread if this keeps up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

Yep I am miffed.The walk to the shop was nice, now it is just an eyesore

So - any photos?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Passed by it this morning and see a rather flattering low wall with mounted railings cordoning off but not blocking the view of a green area with mature trees and I think it compliments the streetscape quite well. I'm now even more confused by OP's assertion of destruction!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

ongarboy wrote: »
    Passed by it this morning and see a rather flattering low wall with mounted railings cordoning off but not blocking the view of a green area with mature trees and I think it compliments the streetscape quite well. I'm now even more confused by OP's assertion of destruction!

Me too! I did a detour especially to see this "destruction" and actually think it looks quite well so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

The other day(Thursday) there was a funeral in the church and there were cars parked all over the grass, inside and outside the railings, as well as along the road, blocking the bus stops(the bus I was on had to let a wheelchair passenger off on the grass). That's real destruction right there, especially with the rain at the time.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think that it is great news that they are extending the school again. I was in the original school and the 1st extension and it was an is a brilliant school.
    Back then we had 3 classes of each class with over 40 in each class so if loosing a bit of the field beside it means smaller classes and a good education for the younger kids I personally support it.

It is not classroom space.
    dodzy wrote: »
    The best thing you could do is lock yourself into your house, wrap yourself in cotton wool, pull the blinds and turn off all the lights. Dont watch TV. Maybe a tin foil hat too.

Yep I think I will. Better of to be blind than care.
    ozmo wrote: »
    So - any photos?

Why would I take photos of an eyesore?
    ongarboy wrote: »

Flattering railings. ha ha
    Chocolate wrote: »
    Me too! I did a detour especially to see this "destruction" and actually think it looks quite well so far!

I hope the contrusction did not detour you too much. It is a great sight and we should be proud of it!
    The other day(Thursday) there was a funeral in the church and there were cars parked all over the grass, inside and outside the railings, as well as along the road, blocking the bus stops(the bus I was on had to let a wheelchair passenger off on the grass). That's real destruction right there, especially with the rain at the time.

The real fun begins this week when all the kids are back in school.

Well it is nice to know no one gives a crap.I have lost all faith in this area!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah give it up, you're flogging a dead horse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Well it is nice to know no one gives a crap.I have lost all faith in this area!

Significant difference between not giving a crap about the area, and not sharing your personal opinion. At the end of the day if its their land and they secured planning permission, your opinion on the matter no longer has a voice in any relevant forum.

January wrote: »
    Ah give it up, you're flogging a dead horse now.

Yep. Learned a lot from this forum and even more about...

KGLady wrote: »
    Significant difference between not giving a crap about the area, and not sharing your personal opinion. At the end of the day if its their land and they secured planning permission, your opinion on the matter no longer has a voice in any relevant forum.

I think my opinion has been shared throughout this thread!

Yet your voice does?

I think it was clear that I was flogging a dead horse, so I gave up on my quest a few weeks back.

Also gave up on this community a few Weeks back too.

CLOSE THIS THREAD SOMEONE?

CLOSE THIS THREAD SOMEONE?
    Please:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Also gave up on this community a few Weeks back too.

You've given up too easily, this community has a lot to offer (besides differing points of view!) Stick around you never know what you'll learn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement