Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out.

• 03-07-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey :) I am a massive Batman fan and wanted to get into reading the comic books but have no idea where to start! There are so many to choose and what one's are good. Was wondering would you recommend any of his titles? I recently read about the comic where Joker gets Dollmaker to cut off his face and was wondering has one read that comic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

If you're looking to read Batman in an ongoing fashion rather than finding a bunch of past stories then I recommend trying out the current New 52 Batman series by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. The trade paperbacks for the opening issues are all readily available in your local comic store and it recently started into a new story arc called Zero Year which looks like it will serve as a great jumping out point. You should be able to still find the opening issue of that arc in your LCS. Also the Joker story arc you're on about is in this series too and makes for great reading. Some beautiful art also. Capullo does a fantastic job on Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Movie_Nut89

Thank you for that, there are just so many to choose it is a bit over whelming when you want to start out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Oh I remember that feeling. Don't worry, you'll soon find what you like (through trial and error) and then you'll know what to look out for. The staff at your LCS, once they get to know you, will be able to recommend stuff you're likely to enjoy based on past reading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

Go into a comic store and pick up Batman and detective comics.
    every month a new issue comes out.pick it up.
    New story arcs happen every 4-5 issues.

Comic book stores can be confusing with so many batman titles
    just stick to those two also pick up graphic novels of past storys

Hush
    The Long Holloween
    Dark Knight Returns
    Court of owls

Then if your accustomed with that
    Pick up back issues before the numbering restarted.
    build up a collection Batman and detective went back
    as far as the early 20th century.

Im a big fan of Silver age and Golden age Batman
    collecting.

hope that helps :)

Advertisement