Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Logan Airport

Options
  • 03-07-2013 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm flying to Boston on July 4th and have a couple of quick questions, any feedback would be much appreciated.

1) I'm flying Aer Lingus and my flight will be clearing customs & immigration in Boston instead of Dublin. Anyone fly this route lately know how long it will take to get through to arrivals?. I've read some horrible stories about other airports lately but nothing on Logan.

2) Is Boston airport any good for picking up some last minute gifts? Is there much selection etc....

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The shops at Logan are nothing special. You'll pick up the usual souvenir stuff, t shirts, coffee cups, Red Sox & Patriots themed stuff etc etc. If you want to bring back something special, shop for it before you hit the airport. The goods in the duty free shops are the same as in all other airports all over over the world. There is nothing mega special about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I don't think there's anything special about Logan at all. To me, it felt a bit like an underground subway station. Processing shouldn't take too long, I don't think. Just be prepared to answer some questions like purpose of your visit, where you're staying, how long, travel cover, and what your financial budget is in case of emergencies, etc. Things like that. The average for July is about 15 minutes I think, and there's an average of about 15 booths open, depending on your arrival time. The maximum wait time is 45 minutes (for a Thursday in July), also depending on time of arrival.

US Customs publish wait times here:
    http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/index.asp

Use the seasonal average.

Also check here:
    http://www.tsa.gov/

Advertisement