Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows & slates

Options
  • 03-07-2013 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I'm will be building a house shortly and was wondering if anyone could help me out on 2 things

1. We're looking at using recycled plastic slates for the roof, they are eco-friendly, cheaper, look nice etc but is there a catch! Do they have a downside?

2. I'd like to compare prices from windows manufacturers in Europe to see how the Irish ones stack-up, can anyone recommend some companies. You can PM me the names if need be.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

blooms wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm will be building a house shortly and was wondering if anyone could help me out on 2 things

1. We're looking at using recycled plastic slates for the roof, they are eco-friendly, cheaper, look nice etc but is there a catch! Do they have a downside?

2. I'd like to compare prices from windows manufacturers in Europe to see how the Irish ones stack-up, can anyone recommend some companies. You can PM me the names if need be.

Many thanks

Talking about Eco friendly slates then potentially importing your windows form abroad. Talk about a contradiction ....

Don't fool yourself your looking for the cheapest products, which is fair enough but don't convince yourself your doing it for the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blooms

I'm not beating the eco-drum, just mentioned it as one of their selling points.

Its certainly a balancing act between cost & quality, thats why I want to explore all options.

Thx

Advertisement