Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for a good camera for quality photos

• 03-07-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

I am looking into buying a good camera with a budget of €300..I know it's not much but it's what I can afford to get for the moment..

Have a digital camera but want to get a good camera for quality photos rather than blurry photos when the object is moving say like players running around in a football match etc..

Can anyone recommend a good few cameras please..it doesn't need to be top of the range but good enough for quality photos to be taken at €300..

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ciaramkm

The camera that I have in mind looks like the one in the picture I have attached..not those digital slim line cameras. Also the camera would also have to have a flash which is essential..

Any bit of advice what kind etc to get would be helpful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Maybe have a look at this thread.

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056973435

The important things to train yourself in when shooting moving subjects relate to shutter speed, ISO values and the max aperture of the lens (the f value).

Many cameras also have a 'sports/children' program setting which is optimised for motion.

If you don't want to go full SLR with separate lenses, the Fuji HS range of bridge cameras may be a good option too.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-1100D-Digital-SLR-Camera-18-55mm-DC-Lens-Refurbished-/281131100858?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item4174b82aba

From the aforementioned Bargain Alert thread. These refurbs are a bit of a steal, but they don't stick around long.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ciaramkm

Thanks for your help..gonna keep an eye on this Canon camera you recommended above. Also I came across one camera that took to my liking also - Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen..what do you think about it??

ciaramkm wrote: »
    Thanks for your help..gonna keep an eye on this Canon camera you recommended above. Also I came across one camera that took to my liking also - Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen..what do you think about it??

We owned the first HS model, the HS10, which was a very capable walkaround camera, though sharpness of pics couldn't compare to Canon SLR bodies (very close macro option on the Fuji was a nice bonus though).

From what I've read, the HS30 is a great all-rounder and the zoom would be great for wildlife and sports, but just be aware that the slower focusing speeds of a bridge camera like this could make very fast moving sports stuff problematic. Burst mode shooting may solve some concerns here.

It's also restricted in its max aperture, meaning you won't be able to get very shallow depth of field shots like you can with an SLR and prime lens.

If you're looking to get a high-quality camera that'll deliver great shots for personal use (travel, family etc), then the HS30 is a great option, just don't be expecting pro-quality sports photography. If you're looking to steadily invest in your photography, a good basic SLR body (like the Canon mentioned) may be a better investment in the long run, as you can invest in lenses to suit what type of photography interests you most, and SLRs will teach you more about photography, though the learning curve is probably steeper.

Ye may get more advice in the Photography forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ciaramkm wrote: »
    Have a digital camera but want to get a good camera for quality photos rather than blurry photos when the object is moving say like players running around in a football match etc..
    For fast moving subjects you really need a camera that works well at very high ISO levels (software), or one that has - or can take - very fast lens (hardware).

You also should know that as lenses zoom the aperture gets smaller - that is the slower the object you're shooting needs to be to get a sharp image. Some of the most expensive lenses are "fast" lenses that shoot from distance so don't expect to be able to do sports with something basic.

A Canon SLR is good in that it won't limit you like a bridge camera will. You'll be able to get lenses for it for whatever it is you want to shoot.

Read up on ISO settings and apertures as these are key to sports/low light shooting. :)

Advertisement