Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student post grad

• 03-07-2013 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I am 23 (24 in August). I have completed one ordinary degree and one honours degree which i finished last July. I have been on Jobseekers Benefit pretty much since. If i were to return to college to do a part time/full time post grad would i get any funding?

Also out of curiousity would i get funding if i returned to to a part time/full time undergrad course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ainemdg wrote: »
    Hi,

I am 23 (24 in August). I have completed one ordinary degree and one honours degree which i finished last July. I have been on Jobseekers Benefit pretty much since. If i were to return to college to do a part time/full time post grad would i get any funding?

Also out of curiousity would i get funding if i returned to to a part time/full time undergrad course?

You would have to be assessed based on your parents income because you cannot change status from dependent student to independent mature student until there has been a 3 year break in your studies.

You definitely wouldnt get a grant for another degree or any part time course

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Have you looked at Springboard courses - they are free

https://www.springboardcourses.ie/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

I'm on jsb and starting a masters in sept, it is full time so I get no financial support, however, my local swo told me that if it were part time masters I could apply to keep some finances

Advertisement