Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WD TV Live - Invalid username or password?

• 03-07-2013 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I got a "WD TV Live Streaming Media Player" about a month ago, and up until yesterday it worked perfectly. However, yesterday I had a UPC technician out, because I was getting low speeds. He replaced the UPC modem to a Thomson, and now when I try to use the WDTV Player, I'm having a serious problem.

I try to go into "Videos", like I have for the past month, and it asks for a username and password, and no matter what I enter I get "Invalid username or password". I've tried changing the settings in "Setup", restoring the device to factory default, switching from wired to wireless, etc. Nothing.

I spent all day yesterday searching Google for answers, and after finding and trying a dozen or so possible solutions, still nothing. Has anyone had the same problem? Please help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

Install a program called tversity. when you start thr program click on "start sharing service" and then start the wdtv live and go into VIDEO and then MEDIA SERVERS and go down to FOLDERS

One problem with this program is when you add new files to the drive or directory you need to do a refresh in tversity first.

Advertisement