Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moth Problem

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭

Moved into a new apartment a month ago and have noticed small moths - didn't think too much of it at the time.

However, after a bit of research have found they seem to be carpet moths and are thus breeding here. I have subsequently found dozens of larvae (mainly in the cracks between the carpet and the wall).

I have been hoovering an excessive amount lately to keep them at bay but obviously this is not a long term solution.

I have also informed the agency but the response was along the lines of "thanks for the reply, we will look into it".

It goes without saying that I won't be taking any responsibility for a problem that existed before I moved in but how quickly would the agency/landlord be required to deal with the situation? I think somebody will have to be sent out to assess first but is there not a serious requirement regarding possible infestations?

Advertisement