Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque Book

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to direct me to the right place to address my issue. I have yesterday received the new Cheque Book trough the post but I did not request one and I most certainly do not need one especially with the new charges being introduced.

Who do I need to speak to or should I say where do I return this cheque book to?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Peanut2011,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The cheque book can be handed in to your branch, or posted, with a covering letter explaining that it is not required and request they refund the Government Cheque Duty. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Thank you Tara!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi There,

Just seen this thread and have the same issue; an unrequested cheque book, 25 Eu taken from my account and no need for a new book for a good 2-3 years given the meagre need for same.    Thus far, 2 phone calls made to 365 told me that refunds can not be made on returned books (Tax reasons, I was told) while a third directed me to contact my branch; alas the manager is on leave and obviously unable to help me for now. 

Is the procedure to return the book still the same as above?   Also, how long will it take for a refund to come through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi Losty Dublin, 

Thanks for posting.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the conflicting information you've received. If you would like to PM us your phone number, when calling Banking 365. As it sounds like there's a training need we would like to address.

As Tara's answer states, the cheque book can be returned to the branch and a refund be issued. This procedure has not changed. A refund will be processed once the branch receive the request. 

Contact details for your branch can be found here

Thanks 
    Michelle  

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi Losty Dublin, 

Thanks for posting.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the conflicting information you've received. If you would like to PM us your phone number, when calling Banking 365. As it sounds like there's a training need we would like to address.

As Tara's answer states, the cheque book can be returned to the branch and a refund be issued. This procedure has not changed. A refund will be processed once the branch receive the request. 

Contact details for your branch can be found here

Thanks 
    Michelle  
    Thanks, Michelle.  Will follow this on Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement