Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Abroad

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

How do I ensure that my credit card will not be blocked while abroad?

Also if I pre-load money onto my card what would the additional charges be?  For example, I'll be in the US and the USD to EUR rate is 1.30.  If I withdraw $100 will this simply result in €76.92 on my credit card?

Thanks,
    Ranleth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Ranleth,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 a representative will be more than happy to have your dates of travel noted on your account. 

The only fee you would avoid by pre-loading the card is the cash advance fee. When the card is used outside the Eurozone, regardless of the balance, the cross border handling fees are applied. You can find more information on using your card abroad, here.

Thanks and hope you have a nice trip.
    Tara

Advertisement