Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds added to Wallet...

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Just checked the email address thats tied to my PS+ account, & apparently last Friday the 28th, €12.99 was added to my wallet via my credit card...in order to pay for:

"Joe Danger (Full Game Upgrade) €12.99"

Wtf is this about? I've been a PS+ user a few months now, & this game was free a while back to my memory. I'll have to check with the little fella later on, but aprt from that, are there games that are free for a while & then you are billed for or something?

I've since deleted my stored billing information :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Contact Sony as soon as you can. That is very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Either a hacker (change your PSN login password ASAP) or someone in your house went a bit purchase happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It's not possible to purchase something after it's been "purchased" for free on PS+. EnterNow, did you download Joe Danger when it was available?

Have another look at the email. It will tell you the online ID that the purchase was made for. Is it your PSNID or someone elses?
    Example wrote:
    Online ID: *IrishTLRIsGod*
    Charge Method: MC 5432********ABCD
    Date Charged: 28/06/2013 @ 11:15 PM
    Funding Amount: €5000.00

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just checked the email address thats tied to my PS+ account, & apparently last Friday the 28th, €12.99 was added to my wallet via my credit card...in order to pay for:

"Joe Danger (Full Game Upgrade) €12.99"

Wtf is this about? I've been a PS+ user a few months now, & this game was free a while back to my memory. I'll have to check with the little fella later on, but aprt from that, are there games that are free for a while & then you are billed for or something?

I've since deleted my stored billing information :mad:
    RangeR wrote: »
    It's not possible to purchase something after it's been "purchased" for free on PS+. EnterNow, did you download Joe Danger when it was available?

As RangeR said, you have to "purchase" them when they are free - they don't stay free forever.

Once you "purchase" a PS+ game it has purchased on it instead of a price.

Is it possible there is a sub-account on the system that bought the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Either a hacker (change your PSN login password ASAP) or someone in your house went a bit purchase happy :)

I'm 99.9% sure I already had that game via PS+ though, in fact I'm certain I did. I think if it was a hacker, he'd have done more damage than just buying Joe Danger surely?

Have another look at the email. It will tell you the online ID that the purchase was made for. Is it your PSNID or someone elses?

I did download it when it was available from PS+, I'll check the transaction history now in a min to be sure. The online ID is the correct one.

• Advertisement

Latest Purchase on the 28/6/13:

2hq848l.jpg

Original Purchase on 3/4/13:

2v9ceas.jpg

In SEN, Joe Danger with the blue background appears to be a bundle offering for €9.99. The orange is just Joe Danger, that came on PS+.

Check your email notifications again. Did it say Joe Danger or did it say Joe Danger Mega Bundle.
    Also, What OnlineID is mentioned in the payment details. Is it yours?

Don't rule out hacking. A smart hacker will take little money from a lot of people rather than a lot of money from few people.

Also, the SEN/PSN Shop is terribly bugged [not for everyone]. I've been onto Sony Customer Care many times because I have had opposite issues to yours. Stuff I've purchase starts disappearing.

Latest Purchase on the 28/6/13:

2hq848l.jpg

Original Purchase on 3/4/13:

2v9ceas.jpg

Joe Danger 2: The Movie is the game showing up for free on my PSN. Not thos you have in your pic.

The blue Joe Danger in your pic is €12.99 while the red one is free trial and unlock.

In SEN, Joe Danger with the blue background appears to be a bundle offering for €9.99. The orange is just Joe Danger, that came on PS+.

I remember getting Joe Danger 2 seperately, but both were months ago..certainly not just last week :confused:
    Check your email notifications again. Did it say Joe Danger or did it say Joe Danger Mega Bundle.
    Also, What OnlineID is mentioned in the payment details. Is it yours?

Here's part of the body of the email

2egd8oo.jpg

And in the payment ID, the OnlineID is the one I created yes.
    Don't rule out hacking. A smart hacker will take little money from a lot of people rather than a lot of money from few people.

Also, the SEN/PSN Shop is terribly bugged [not for everyone]. I've been onto Sony Customer Care many times because I have had opposite issues to yours. Stuff I've purchase starts disappearing.

So I should prob contact them, this isn't a normal thing I take it?

And just to show I have Joe Danger 2 separately, & also from ages ago

hx94ao.jpg

• Advertisement

That answers it so - Joe Danger 2 was the free game we got on PS+(see the expiration date).

Now, the above Joe Danger you downloaded on the 3/4, the red one is a TRIAL and UNLOCK, I'm guessing that you didn't unlock(pay) it then.

Then on the 28/6 you or someone on your PS3 purchased the FULL GAME which is the blue one.

EDIT: You need to confirm if someone known to you did indeed purchase Joe Danger on the 28/6 - as you may well have been hacked.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That answers it so - Joe Danger 2 was the free game we got on PS+(see the expiration date).

Yep, that one was legit & free via PS+.
    Now, the above Joe Danger you downloaded on the 3/4, the red one is a TRIAL and UNLOCK, I'm guessing that you didn't unlock(pay) it then.

Yep that was a trial & unlock, not sure if I unlocked it at the time, pretty sure I did but that one was indeed me.
    Then on the 28/6 you or someone on your PS3 purchased the FULL GAME which is the blue one.

EDIT: You need to confirm if someone known to you did indeed purchase Joe Danger on the 28/6 - as you may well have been hacked.

So it would be possible to buy the full game, even though it already existed in my transaction history? I'll have to ask the little fella, currently in GAA camp though.

If the account was indeed hacked, what exactly could have been compromised & what is the point of hacking a PSN account? Are my credit card details at risk? What damage could have been done?

So I should prob contact them, this isn't a normal thing I take it?

I would. A few points, from my experience of contacting them.

1. They have a national [premium] rate 0818 number only. This will cost you. Alternatively, email their customer support team.
    2. They will require absolute proof of the problem. Apparently, they won't just take your word for it. My suggestion is include the transaction ID's and dates and times of all relating purchases, new and old. You can get these from your email history. I wouldn't trust their website :)
    3. Prepare for disbelief and tail chasing.

Yep, that one was legit & free via PS+.

Yep that was a trial & unlock, not sure if I unlocked it at the time, pretty sure I did but that one was indeed me.

So it would be possible to buy the full game, even though it already existed in my transaction history? I'll have to ask the little fella, currently in GAA camp though.

If the account was indeed hacked, what exactly could have been compromised & what is the point of hacking a PSN account? Are my credit card details at risk? What damage could have been done?

The game did not exist in your transaction history because it appears as though you didn't buy it when you played the trial.

Check your emails dated 3/4 to see if you did purchase it at that time.

I have a feeling this is a mis-communication between you and your son.

Was the game bought(28/6) on the sub-account, ie do you allow him to make purchases? EDIT - Iirc sub-accounts need master account permission to purchase anything.

Have a quick word with him before getting in touch with Sony - also, can you check your credit card transactions online?

Check your email. All purchases, free or otherwise, are emailed to you.

Was the game bought(28/6) on the sub-account, ie do you allow him to make purchases?

Have a quick word with him before getting in touch with Sony - aslo, can you check your credit card transactions online?

There are no sub-accounts, only the main one. I'll just wait & run it by him without taking it any further. I don't actually mind if he bought it, I 'd just rather know what exactly happened. Will update shortly

Check your email. All purchases, free or otherwise, are emailed to you.

Yeah that could be a problem, I think I cleared out the old emails some time ago from the account :(

The game did not exist in your transaction history because it appears as though you didn't buy it when you played the trial

I don't follow you here, how do you mean? Could the simple act of playing the game count as purchasing it, if I didn't unlock it in time?

I don't follow you here, how do you mean? Could the simple act of playing the game count as purchasing it, if I didn't unlock it in time?

What I'm (trying :o) saying is, the trial and unlock is a free one hour trial of the game - you can only play it for one hour, that hour starts when you first play it and ends one hour later.
    If you want to continue playing, it will cost you €12.99.

Did you delete the trial and unlock from your xmb when you were finished with it?

You didn't actually purchase it then(3/4), but it would be an option to unlock it for €12.99 on the 28/6 - this is guess work.

Talk to your son first.

Ok, the little fella is certain it wasn't him. I told him it's not a problem that I just needed to know, & he's adamant he didn't even use the PS3 on that day.

So, I obviously need to contact Sony. I'll use the email support as I'm not paying premium rates for a support call. I am concerned what could have been compromised though, are my cc details secure? What would be the point hacking into an account, & buying a game for the owner of the account...

• Advertisement

Did you check your PS3 - Is the full game on it?

Could anyone else have done it?

Did you check your PS3 - Is the full game on it?

Could anyone else have done it?

Joe Danger is on the console, the full game as far as I can see...dated 3/4/13.
    Nobody else in the house goes near the PS3, it's in the games room in the attic so it's well outta the way :confused:

Joe Danger is on the console, the full game as far as I can see...dated 3/4/13.
    Nobody else in the house goes near the PS3, it's in the games room in the attic so it's well outta the way :confused:

Give Sony a shout - Someone may have your sign-in details and then bought the game on their PS3(you are allowed to d/l to 2 consoles).

Haha, just noticed one of the forums you CMod...the ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, just change your password at least before doing anything

Give Sony a shout - Someone may have your sign-in details and then bought the game on their PS3(you are allowed to d/l to 2 consoles).

I see, is there a particular division of Sony I should contact. Only thing I can see on the SEN site is the phone number...
    Haha, just noticed one of the forums you CMod...the ironing.

Ah I'm just a normal mod there, but a Games Cmod. Though it is fitting, maybe I should make a thread :D

What would be the point hacking into an account, & buying a game for the owner of the account...

What if a third party has access to your login credentials. Purchase a game on your account also puts the game on their PS3.

Do you know how many PS3's your account is assigned to? Go to your Account Settings on SEN and it will tell you how many PS3's are activated for Games, Music and Video.

Also, if you are CERTAIN that it wasn't someone purchasing on your PS3 and that nobody has your login credentials [what are they, by the way?] Ask Sony Customer Care for the IP Address that made the purchase and was it on SEN Website or PS3?

I see, is there a particular division of Sony I should contact. Only thing I can see on the SEN site is the phone number...

Their site says contact support@ie.playstation.com or networksupport@uk.playstation.com

My specific correspondance game from help@uk.playstation.com

What if a third party has access to your login credentials. Purchase a game on your account also puts the game on their PS3.

Do you know how many PS3's your account is assigned to? Go to your Account Settings on SEN and it will tell you how many PS3's are activated for Games, Music and Video.

Also, if you are CERTAIN that it wasn't someone purchasing on your PS3 and that nobody has your login credentials [what are they, by the way?] Ask Sony Customer Care for the IP Address that made the purchase and was it on SEN Website or PS3?

Ah I see, so they can download account content to multiple consoles. Duh :o

Anyway:

zt6mqb.jpg

I presume the same console counts as the music device? I've only one PS3 anyway...
    Their site says contact support@ie.playstation.com or networksupport@uk.playstation.com

My specific correspondance game from help@uk.playstation.com

Ah cool, cheers

Ask Sony Customer Care for the IP Address that made the purchase and was it on SEN Website or PS3?

How do I tell which device made the purchase? Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I'm only a PS+ member a few months & never bothered really exploring the system barring lapping up the free games.

• Advertisement

How do I tell which device made the purchase?
    You can't. That's why I suggested that you ask Sony. The reason being, if the IP Address they give you [IF they give you] should be yours, or at least belong to the ISP that you are a customer of. Hopefully, the IP is an Irish one :)

Advertisement