Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funds added to Wallet...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

RangeR wrote: »
    You can't. That's why I suggested that you ask Sony. The reason being, if the IP Address they give you [IF they give you] should be yours, or at least belong to the ISP that you are a customer of. Hopefully, the IP is an Irish one :)

Ok I'll email them now, then change the passwords of the email account, the SEN account, the XBL account & it's regional varients. Pitfa!

So I'll just provide them with the transaction id's of the two legitimate Joe Danger 'purchases' {PS+}, the transaction id of this latest seemingly illegitimate purchase, the account name & id...anything esle?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

EnterNow wrote: »
    anything esle?

Yeah, ask them who the fook purchased the game :)

Ok email sent. I gave the transaction ID's of both my legitimate Joe Danger PS+ purchases, & the one of this latest one.

:rolleyes:
    Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

I can see from your e-mail that you're having some problems with your SEN account. As we take the security of SEN accounts very seriously, we are unable to provide support on this matter by e-mail as we will need you to answer some security questions before we can investigate this further.

As a result, I'd be grateful if you'd call PlayStation Support on 0818 365065, quoting reference ####, where one of our team will be happy to help you. You’ll find our opening times below, however you might find it easier to speak to our team during our quieter period between 11:00 and 15:00. Calls to PlayStation Support cost up to 5c per minute from an Eircom land line however calls from other providers and mobile operators may vary.

Thank you,

:rolleyes:

Ask them to call you as it's a premium number. BTW, they will argue the premium bit and tell you it#s a national number. Technically, they are correct. However, Sony profit share on all call revenue.

• Advertisement

Called them there, 9mins at 5c a min wasn't too bad. They just verified my identity, correlated all the info & transaction id's together, took my console serial number & passed it on to an investigative dept. I'll get a call back at some stage the girl said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Called them there, 9mins at 5c a min wasn't too bad. They just verified my identity, correlated all the info & transaction id's together, took my console serial number & passed it on to an investigative dept. I'll get a call back at some stage the girl said.

Keep us updated!....tis like a good mystery novel! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

I absolutely forbid you from ending this with
    "Sorted now!"
    And then not say anymore!

I suspect they'll come back with it being my fault somehow, & that no other console serial number carried out the transaction. It's all a bit odd, but sure we'll see. I'll update when I hear back from them

I suspect they'll come back with it being my fault somehow, & that no other console serial number carried out the transaction. It's all a bit odd, but sure we'll see. I'll update when I hear back from them

This is how my convo went with them. They said that there wasn't a problem. When I insisted, they went so far as requesting me to take a video of my PSN to show the problem. That was the length of how much they didn't believe me.

When I gave them the video, they finally admitted that this was a problem effecting a few [note, not just me] users.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    This is how mu convo went with them. They said that there wasn't a problem. When I insisted, they went so far as requesting me to take a video of my PSN to show the problem. That was the length of how much they didn't believe me.

When I game them the video, they finally admitted that this was a problem effecting a few [note, not just me] users.

I think if they come back at me with that, after giving them transaction id's for the legit purchases & the not legit one, I'll prob take it up with my credit card company as an unauthorised transaction, & request a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think if they come back at me with that, after giving them transaction id's for the legit purchases & the not legit one, I'll prob take it up with my credit card company as an unauthorised transaction, & request a chargeback.

Not sure what happens with PSN when you do a chargeback as I've never heard of anyone having too (for a legitimate reason) but going by their terms they ban the account.

Going by some stuff I've read on Steam they lock the account until after they've contacted the credit card company and discuss it between them.

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure what happens with PSN when you do a chargeback as I've never heard of anyone having too (for a legitimate reason) but going by their terms they ban the account.

Going by some stuff I've read on Steam they lock the account until after they've contacted the credit card company and discuss it between them.

Yeah I'd imagine they do take action like that, they'd have to really to prevent people from illegitimately purchasing content & then issuing chargeback requests. The problem here is, this €12.99 charge has nothing to do with me, & I'll escalate it as high as it needs to go in order to resolve it.

I'll see what they come back with anyway, it might not even have to go down that road hopefully. But there's no way I'm backing down, it's only €12.99 but its the principle of it that matters, & the uncertainly of not knowing if it could happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah I'd imagine they do take action like that, they'd have to really to prevent people from illegitimately purchasing content & then issuing chargeback requests. The problem here is, this €12.99 charge has nothing to do with me, & I'll escalate it as high as it needs to go in order to resolve it.

I'll see what they come back with anyway, it might not even have to go down that road hopefully. But there's no way I'm backing down, it's only €12.99 but its the principle of it that matters, & the uncertainly of not knowing if it could happen again

The only way that you could get the money from them if they refuse is if you went to the small claims court and they side with you and force Sony or allow you to do a chargeback.

Sony can dispute the charge or ban the accounts/consoles otherwise.

Agree with Varik. Go down the SCC route rather than Chargeback.

So basically "the purchase came from your console, there's nothing more we can do". An unfortunate inevitability by all accounts from previous users' experience.

I'll obviously not bother with the chargeback route as I don't want action taken against my account. As for the SCC, for €12.99 I'll likely not bother. What I have done though is removed all credit card info from the account, turned on require password at checkout, & changed the account password.

Took nearly a week to 'resolve' it too.

Advertisement