Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beechpark (Leixlip), Moyglare Hall (Maynooth) or Hazelhatch Park (Celbridge)

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    We are considering buying our first house in either one of these 3 estates in Leixlip, Celbridge and Maynooth. We can afford a 3 bed semi-d in Beechpark and Hazelhatch but a 2 bed in Moyglare. We have no kids, are in our twenties and are looking for a queit neighbourhood with respectful neighbours.
    Is there any load noise, vandalism, anti-social behaviour or general lack of care in these estates?
    Any feedback would be great thanks :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I have lived in moyglare hall. Great estate, quiet and safe but I take it its the apartments you are looking at? I dunno about them never been in em. O be warned though there's talk of building a new secondary school inside the estate. Noise and construction traffic and eventually loads of school traffic. It's worth checking that out, dunno if its still in the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cimomo

Thanks for your reply. It's a 2 bed terraced house in the middle of the estate. Looks like a queit cul de sac not overlooked. That's interesting about the secondary school. Do you find the walk into Maynnoth long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

About 15 minutes maybe at a brisk walk to the center of town so its grand. Road is well lit and has a footpath all the way in so you won't be killed by traffic. In the college term its better to be out a bit, the town gets pretty mental but we had no problems in Moyglare hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Beech Park in Leixlip is about 20-25 minutes from the train station & bus. There is a shop/chemist/doctor 10 minutes down the road, but the nearest pub is the GAA 25 minutes away, and the village pubs would be about 40 minutes away.

If you like GAA, there's a GAA pitch next to the estate, that has the big lights, so is able to do the practise after it gets dark.

On the plus side, it's close to the motorway, and a green area within the grounds of Castletown house.

The houses are not bad, but they wouldn't be huge. They were built on the tail end of the Celtic Tiger, so take from that what you will. It's been a few months since I was there; is the estate finished, or are they still building some houses at the back? This may impact who looks after the estate.

As the estate is far from the shops, etc, there doesn't seem to be any crowds of kids hanging about, and as it's the last estate, it's not used as a rat run to anywhere. I think there's a creche there, but not sure how it effects traffic. The estate is well lit, and has good paths & roads going out. A few little ramps to help ensure no-one goes too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Hi Cimomo

I bought in Moyglare Hall last year after renting there for a couple of years. As donkey said, it is quiet and safe - well maintained as well. Lots of families with young kids, so sometimes you get noise of kids playing on the greens but it is nothing obtrusive. I am guessing you were looking at the house in the Dale - some of the houses in that row have had pyrite problems, but the builder has fixed them. Not sure if that particular house is or was affected.

I personally don't have a problem with the new school - it is supposed to be built opposite the new GAA pitches on the entrance road to the estate. On the plus side it will mean Dublin bus service the estate.

Anything I can help you with gimme a shout

• Advertisement
Advertisement