Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Secure

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I tried to make an online purchase with my BOI Mastercard and was brought to a page to sign up for this. Although I entered all the information correctly it tells me that it's wrong, not sure why?!

Fortunately I was able to use my BOI Visa Debit for this transaction as Verified by Visa worked perfectly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi cuilteanna,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear 3D Secure did not work as expected. We would suggest contacting Credit Card Services to clarify the information that was requested. It could be due to something as simple as a difference in spelling or upper and lower case characters. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 1890 251 251/ 00353 56 775 7747.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do companies have to sign up to it?

I use mine regularly, but there is one specific firm in England that rejects my 3DSecure login, saying they cannot accept it.

So I take it the fault is them, not BoI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi NIMAN, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

3D Secure and Verified by Visa are facilities retailers opt into. If it is a case that your password is being rejected it would mean that what you have inputted on the 3D Secure Verification window does not match the password set up when you first registered. This would have nothing to do with the company/retailer. They do not have access to the passwords and would only receive notification if your password is entered correctly or not.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Hi cuilteanna,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear 3D Secure did not work as expected. We would suggest contacting Credit Card Services to clarify the information that was requested. It could be due to something as simple as a difference in spelling or upper and lower case characters. Credit Card Services can be contacted on 1890 251 251/ 00353 56 775 7747.

Thanks
    Tara
    Is there another way to do this than by telephone, or will they allow my OH (the primary cardholder) sort this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

As you are the name on the card, you will need to call to resolve this yourself. Credit Card Services are opened between 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 5pm Sunday and bank holidays. 3D Secure is a 24 hour service. It can only be unlocked over the phone with a representative.

Thank you
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement