Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Sports Title Should I Get?

• 03-07-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I recently bought Madden NFL 13. Great tonne of fun, love it. I also want to order NCAA Football 14 when it comes out next week. (Thank the lord for region-free PS3).

This week though, I'm not sure whether to get NBA 2K13, NHL 13 or one of the baseball titles. I have a bit of sport-gaming fever and since I only had FIFA 13 up until last week I'm looking for more sport titles to purchase.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

NCAA is a better game than Madden, converted years ago NCAA has been an every year purchase for me.

NBA2k13 is a very good game also, been playing it some on the PC and would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Yeah I've heard very good things about NCAA. I have NBA 2K10 & personally I miss the NBA Live titles.

I'll get NBA on Friday anyway. About NCAA though, do I have to sign into a USA Account on my PS3 to play it? I know it's region-free like but I don't have to make another account to play it do I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

You don't have to just to play it.

But if you want to play it online you need a us account to download the online pass, but once you have that downloaded and installed you can play it online with your regular account.

There are little things in the game you can buy to improve some things in dynasty mode, extra jerseys etc. through micro transactions that you would need a US account for if that was your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ah yeah that wouldn't bother me. I'm just wantin' to play single-player is all. For the record though, didn't EA get rid of the online pass? Or has NCAA not been included in that removal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

NBA2K13 is an excellent game and a must try, even if you only have a vague interest in the sport, you will enjoy it. The MyCareer mode is a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

MLB: The Show are great games if you're looking for baseball.

The career mode is my favourite as the controls are much more instinctive when you're concentrating on just one player.

Advertisement