If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Budget Speakers for 2.0 setup.

Options
  • 03-07-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for 2 bookshelf speakers, to go along with a diy amp project I am currently undertaking. It's just for music (ie not home theatre).

I was looking at the Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 and the Q Acoustics 2020i. But after a bit of research the JBL Control 1 looks like it has a great reputation, which is great for mad for the price.

So I was hoping for a bit of advice on this choice, pros / cons etc. It will be for a living room, about 9 metres squared. Not looking for a big sub, as I don't want to annoy my neighbours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Reactor.

Thanks for the post.

The JBL control 1's are decent little speakers but to be honest they are not in the same league as the 2020i or the Aviano 1.

If you are on a bugdet then the JBL are great value for money but in performance terms the 2020i produce a much higher quality. 

In saying that, the 2020i can be a little heavy on the bass so if this is likely to cause you any problems, then there is another alternative that I would look at.

These are the Cambridge Audio S30. These are £129.95 and offer excellent sound quality, with a very balanced bass and very compact design.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Cambridge-Audio-S30/

Alternatively you could look at the 2010i which are not as heavy on the bass as the 2020 and we have these in the beautiful gloss black finish at £149.95.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.