Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair accessible restaurants!

Options
  • 03-07-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hiya, My aunt is currently in residential care and in a wheelchair we try take her out for lunch once a week, and were running out of places!

I am just wondering if anyone knows of any restaurants / pubs with decent food with wheelchair access? Its quite a big wheelchair.

Preferably around the Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaire, Blackrock, Dundrum, and possibly Dalkey area. We would be taking a wheelchair taxi, as our car is unsuitable and Dublin Bus is quite awkward as it is a large wheelchair!

Any Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Magpie in Dalkey springs to mind. Double doors, plenty of space good food great beer etc.

The Royal Marine has good wheel chair access as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Sandyford - the China Sichuan and nearby Baan Thai (latter has lift access).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I think Roly Saul in dundrum would be wheelchair accessible. The Orchard pub in Stillorgan. Siam Thai in dundrum has a lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

If you're relying on a lift to get her into the premises, make sure you can rely on it to get her out in an emergency. Ask them if the lift works after the fire alarm has gone off.

Most modern buildings would be accessible, including pretty much all the restaurants in the Dundrum Town Centre.

Advertisement