Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M24 Carrick On Suir Bypass and other schemes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planned and scheme suspended, but not as a motorway - as that site calls the 2+1 at Piltown the "M24" also I suspect an error of understanding. They appear to refer to any DC scheme as "M" as there's an "M3" reference for something very much on the N3.

http://www.nra.ie/RoadSchemeActivity/SouthTipperaryCountyCouncil/N24CarrickonSuirBypass/SchemeName,16432,en.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Ahh i didn't think to check the NRA. M24 caught my attention and I thought it was a bit over the top. There's a few projects on that site completed and other suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

If and when the scheme gets done, expect the 2+1 to be replaced with 2+2. And good riddance I say. 2+1 does not work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Jayuu

If and when the scheme gets done, expect the 2+1 to be replaced with 2+2. And good riddance I say. 2+1 does not work in Ireland.

Whatever about the overall merits of 2+1 roads the section of it they built at Pilltown/Fiddown is truly awful, especially at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Jayuu wrote: »
    Whatever about the overall merits of 2+1 roads the section of it they built at Pilltown/Fiddown is truly awful, especially at night.

in what way awful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Jayuu

corktina wrote: »
    in what way awful?

The central median is very badly designed being just two wires as opposed to a proper median, the junctions on either side seem to protrude right out into the road and the fact that part of the road is raised up as well means you tend to lose a little bit of definition of the edges.

It's been a while since I've used it at night but every time I drove that section especially going from Carrick-on-Suir to Waterford I was always glad to get off it. The reverse direction doesn't seem as bad.

Advertisement