Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband available in my area but I cant order it from Eircom

Options
  • 03-07-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

When I ring the sales department, they can't order it for me because they don't know what speed the line can handle. 

When I get through to broadband technical support they can see my line is broadband enabled, but can't order it as its not the sales department.

When I type my phone number into the broadband checker online it says I can get up to 24mb, but when I try and make an order, it says I must ring sales.

I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone to Eircom over the past week and no luck, just appalling customer service.

Can you help resolve this for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mcdirl wrote: »
    When I ring the sales department, they can't order it for me because they don't know what speed the line can handle. 

When I get through to broadband technical support they can see my line is broadband enabled, but can't order it as its not the sales department.

When I type my phone number into the broadband checker online it says I can get up to 24mb, but when I try and make an order, it says I must ring sales.

I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone to Eircom over the past week and no luck, just appalling customer service.

Can you help resolve this for me?

Hi
    mcdirl

Can you PM me with your eircom tel no: or account number and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcdirl

Hi
    mcdirl

Can you PM me with your eircom tel no: or account number and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, 

PM sent

Cheers, mcdirl

Hi Mark, 

PM sent

Cheers, mcdirl
    Hi mcdril,

I got your PM and tested your line.

your line is on a * (carrier line). A carrier line is a line that is split to provide phone service (make & Receive calls) To more than one address in an area.

- I am afraid a carrier line is not capable of handling the broadband service.

When a line is being installed as eircom never guarantee the broadband service as per the telephone & broadband (terms & conditions). However eircom are obliged to provide phone service it is at eircom (engineers discretion) as to the best way to connect the telephone line service at the time.

I have checked with the Operations Manager (head technician) for your area to enquire about the possibility of being removed from a carrier line, and he advised There was no spare dedicated lines /LIs to try and move you from a carrier for the foreseeable future.

Sorry it was not better news.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcdirl

Hi mcdril,

I got your PM and tested your line.

your line is on a * (carrier line). A carrier line is a line that is split to provide phone service (make & Receive calls) To more than one address in an area.

- I am afraid a carrier line is not capable of handling the broadband service.

When a line is being installed as eircom never guarantee the broadband service as per the telephone & broadband (terms & conditions). However eircom are obliged to provide phone service it is at eircom (engineers discretion) as to the best way to connect the telephone line service at the time.

I have checked with the Operations Manager (head technician) for your area to enquire about the possibility of being removed from a carrier line, and he advised There was no spare dedicated lines /LIs to try and move you from a carrier for the foreseeable future.

Sorry it was not better news.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, 

Thanks for looking into this for me. I do not accept the response from the Operations Manager as new houses in the area continue to be connected to the same lines and receive broadband.

I would like to speak to the Operations Manager about this if possible. 

Also, is it possible to order a new line to the house, port the old number and disconnect the old one.

Thanks, mcdirl

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for looking into this for me. I do not accept the response from the Operations Manager as new houses in the area continue to be connected to the same lines and receive broadband.

I would like to speak to the Operations Manager about this if possible. 

Also, is it possible to order a new line to the house, port the old number and disconnect the old one.

Thanks, mcdirl

Hi mcdirl

I have sent you a PM on how to escalate the matter further. Sorry I could not do more for you directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement