Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Account

Options
  • 03-07-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

I emailed eircom to cancel my account a month or so ago - they responded asking full details and I supplied them (even though I had already supplied them the first time).

I have now heard NOTHING since.

The situation is that I am no longer living in the house in wich the broadband is installed and I want them to stop sending bills to that address.

I have 4-5 months left on my contract which I am aware that I will have to pay - I just need to ensure that my contract is not renewed at the end of my 12months AND I need to ensure no more bills get sent to the address at which I no longer live.

Any advice here would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Make21 wrote: »
    Hi

I emailed eircom to cancel my account a month or so ago - they responded asking full details and I supplied them (even though I had already supplied them the first time).

I have now heard NOTHING since.

The situation is that I am no longer living in the house in wich the broadband is installed and I want them to stop sending bills to that address.

I have 4-5 months left on my contract which I am aware that I will have to pay - I just need to ensure that my contract is not renewed at the end of my 12months AND I need to ensure no more bills get sent to the address at which I no longer live.

Any advice here would be great!

Hi Make21,

I checked with our cancellations team and they confirmed that they received the e-mail on the 12/06/13

12/06/2013    047    72XXX    MARK XXXX    Cease BB & acct.    e-mail to phone cancellations        Wed 10-Jul-13    30    Fri 12-Jul-13

So the account is due to be cancelled on the 12/07/13.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

Thanks Mark - appreciate your help (and fast reply!)

Make21 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark - appreciate your help (and fast reply!)
    No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GeorgeDH1970

Hi
    I had a very frustrating experience this morning trying to cancel our account. The first person I spoke to was very helpful, outlined the procedure and asked me to send an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie including the relevant details.  I did exactly as requested only to have the email bounce back to me.  On calling back I was informed that the email address was not working at the moment and might be fixed in a day or two.  This, for a company operating a BB service seems bizarre in the extreme.  Secondly I couldn't possibly send the email to anybody else and would have to send in a written letter to Ballymount.  Who knows when it will be opened and processed.  I sent copies of the emails (mine and the bounced one) with my letter and have asked that the cancellation be made retrospective to today.  I wait with interest to see what happens next. 

In the course of the conversation I asked to be put through to make a complaint.  The friendly Indian gentleman thought my complaint rather spurious but offered to transfer me back to the cancellations team only to transfer me through to the Meteor accounts team.  I spoke also to two other people neither of whom work for Eircom in trying to get transferred back to where I wanted to, but gave up in the end.  Could somebody at Eircom please contact me to let me know that my intention to cancel is at least registered....

Thanks

Hi
    I had a very frustrating experience this morning trying to cancel our account. The first person I spoke to was very helpful, outlined the procedure and asked me to send an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie including the relevant details.  I did exactly as requested only to have the email bounce back to me.  On calling back I was informed that the email address was not working at the moment and might be fixed in a day or two.  This, for a company operating a BB service seems bizarre in the extreme.  Secondly I couldn't possibly send the email to anybody else and would have to send in a written letter to Ballymount.  Who knows when it will be opened and processed.  I sent copies of the emails (mine and the bounced one) with my letter and have asked that the cancellation be made retrospective to today.  I wait with interest to see what happens next. 

In the course of the conversation I asked to be put through to make a complaint.  The friendly Indian gentleman thought my complaint rather spurious but offered to transfer me back to the cancellations team only to transfer me through to the Meteor accounts team.  I spoke also to two other people neither of whom work for Eircom in trying to get transferred back to where I wanted to, but gave up in the end.  Could somebody at Eircom please contact me to let me know that my intention to cancel is at least registered....

Thanks
    Hi GeorgeDH1970

Can you send me a private message with your Name, address, eircom account number, date and time the e-mail was sent and we can follow up with the cancellations team directly.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement