Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming build - 800euro

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Jacovs wrote: »
    Malwarebytes didnt find anything luckily enough.
    Did some more searching and seems its the tp-link wireless card causing the problems. Someone suggested ending a process "TWCU.exe" which is some tp-link application. Will try that now and see if im still getting kicked from games and wireless connection.

Actually, come to think of it..

My mother has a TP-link USB antenna with the proprietary software installed with it. Whenever I use it I notice once in a while that Firefox will suddenly be out-of-focus. Not minimised, but I need to click back into it.

Couldn't figure out why it kept happening but it didn't bother me so I didn't try fixing it.

Could be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Danger781 wrote: »
    Actually, come to think of it..

My mother has a TP-link USB antenna with the proprietary software installed with it. Whenever I use it I notice once in a while that Firefox will suddenly be out-of-focus. Not minimised, but I need to click back into it.

Couldn't figure out why it kept happening but it didn't bother me so I didn't try fixing it.

Could be the problem.

I can confirm that since closing the TWCU application it has not happened again. Mine is a PCI card, but seems to be a common issue with them. Im thinking this will also resolve my connectivity issue.

I can confirm that since closing the TWCU application it has not happened again. Mine is a PCI card, but seems to be a common issue with them. Im thinking this will also resolve my connectivity issue.

Interesting.. Might just use the built in windows utility then, rather than their terrible terrible program.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you're 5 metres from the router, could you not just run a cable along that length? The difference in quality of the network would be well worth it.

Monotype wrote: »
    If you're 5 metres from the router, could you not just run a cable along that length? The difference in quality of the network would be well worth it.

Id love to, but I have a very curious toddler running around the place. Same reason why I didnt go for those plugs things. The issue seems to be resolved though. Will have to see if it does the same when I restart my pc again.
    Should say im in an apartment with the router in the hall and pc in the living room.

• Advertisement

Quick question for anyone who knows stuff about multiple monitors connected to one pc.

Ive a LG M2255 1080p TV on the pc at the moment. Im looking to get another exact same TV and hook it up to the same pc. What I need to know though, if I have it set up as dual monitor, for watching movies/series on one screen while playing a game on the other, how will the sound be affected? The tv's obviously have built in speakers and an earphone jack, which is nice and tidy, so ive no loose speakers on the pc. If im to play a game on one tv with headphones in that tv, and the gf wants to watch something on the other tv, the sound wont be messed up? As in, whats on tv 1 will get the sound on tv 1, and whats on tv 2 will get the sound on tv 2. Not sure if im making my point too clear here but im sure you guys know what I mean.

Sapphire 7970, for those not familiar and dont want to scroll back.

Btw, pc running smooth.

Quick question for anyone who knows stuff about multiple monitors connected to one pc.

Ive a LG M2255 1080p TV on the pc at the moment. Im looking to get another exact same TV and hook it up to the same pc. What I need to know though, if I have it set up as dual monitor, for watching movies/series on one screen while playing a game on the other, how will the sound be affected? The tv's obviously have built in speakers and an earphone jack, which is nice and tidy, so ive no loose speakers on the pc. If im to play a game on one tv with headphones in that tv, and the gf wants to watch something on the other tv, the sound wont be messed up? As in, whats on tv 1 will get the sound on tv 1, and whats on tv 2 will get the sound on tv 2. Not sure if im making my point too clear here but im sure you guys know what I mean.

Sapphire 7970, for those not familiar and dont want to scroll back.

Btw, pc running smooth.

It might be possible.

Certain programs allow you to choose the output device you want to stream the audio to. If you can set your game to output audio on your main screen (Default output), then set the media player to output on screen two. It will probably take a lot of messing about but should work.

It might be possible.

Certain programs allow you to choose the output device you want to stream the audio to. If you can set your game to output audio on your main screen (Default output), then set the media player to output on screen two. It will probably take a lot of messing about but should work.

Thanks, long as I know there is a possibility of it working.

Thanks, long as I know there is a possibility of it working.

I've tried fiddling with it briefly on mine one day. Mother wanted to watch a movie on my TV while I wanted to game on my monitor. I gave up pretty quickly and played without sound :pac:

Okay so instead of getting 2 tv's/monitors to play the sounds of whats on its own separate screen, I have a new scenario.
    When using one tv like I am now, can I have 2 programs running with sound, but one playing over the tv's speakers, and one playing over headphones plugged into the PC itself? TV has a headphone jack too, but then all sound plays through it.
    Doubt it can be done but thought id ask anyways.

• Advertisement

Okay so instead of getting 2 tv's/monitors to play the sounds of whats on its own separate screen, I have a new scenario.
    When using one tv like I am now, can I have 2 programs running with sound, but one playing over the tv's speakers, and one playing over headphones plugged into the PC itself? TV has a headphone jack too, but then all sound plays through it.
    Doubt it can be done but thought id ask anyways.

I highly doubt it.

Not unless you can manually specify where it sends the audio. I know some media players can do that but I'd be about 90% positive you would need two sounds cards.

I highly doubt it.

Not unless you can manually specify where it sends the audio. I know some media players can do that but I'd be about 90% positive you would need two sounds cards.
    Cheers.
    Its not media player programs im looking to use it on, but im sure the same principle counts for other programs.

Quick question.
    PC still running fine but im itching for an upgrade, even though its not really necessary.

The PC is as follows:
    FX-6300
    ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
    Sapphire HD7870 2Gb
    8gb RAM
    1TB WD Blue
    Win 7
    Super-Flower Amazon 80plus 450w

Now lets say I had 200 in cash to use towards an upgrade, and whatever I can make from selling whichever part/s I upgrade, what would be best to upgrade now? (ie, what is creating a bottleneck at the moment?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I have the same system alart from having a 7870xt gpu.
    Its running well atm.
    Are you experiencing slowdown in any games in particular?

That might suggest if you are cpu or gpu limited.
    You could always flog your current gpu and buy a 970 but your cpu might slow it down for some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I have the same system alart from having a 7870xt gpu.
    Its running well atm.
    Are you experiencing slowdown in any games in particular?

That might suggest if you are cpu or gpu limited.
    You could always flog your current gpu and buy a 970 but your cpu might slow it down for some games.

Not really experiencing any issues, nothing im playing at the moment anyways. But the system is 18 months old and Id like to keep it up to date if I can. Though I might end up passing this pc to the gf who needs something for Photoshop and get myself a brand new better pc.
    On the other hand, ive seen people get 600 for similar pc's when sold second hand recently on adverts, which is what it cost me to build, but idk if I want to sell the complete thing and then add a bit to upgrade overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Not really experiencing any issues, nothing im playing at the moment anyways. But the system is 18 months old and Id like to keep it up to date if I can. Though I might end up passing this pc to the gf who needs something for Photoshop and get myself a brand new better pc.
    On the other hand, ive seen people get 600 for similar pc's when sold second hand recently on adverts, which is what it cost me to build, but idk if I want to sell the complete thing and then add a bit to upgrade overall.

Say if you could get 600 for it and add 200 that's a budget of 800 you would surely get an i5 setup with a 970 gpu and an ssd? Would be bit more future proof then your own but yours ain't a bad build either.

Advertisement