Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reckonable residency: 1st stamp at the Airport

• 03-07-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi friends,

I will apply for Irish citizenship through naturalization soon.

1. Regarding the Reasonable residency: I just wonder whether the first ever stamp you got at the Dublin airport saying you are allowed to stay for 1 month is reckonable or not ?
    Because in that first ever stamp, the custom officer at Dublin airport give you the GNIB number. Then, when you came to the Garda station sometime later, your GNIB card was issued along with Stamp 1.

2. And, when filling the application form (form icon_cool.gif about the detail of addresses for the last 9 years: do i need to give the exact dates, I just can remember the month.

3. Which documents need to be notarized: Bio-page of the passport, Birth certificate and .. ?

4. For the statutory declaration: between solicitor and peace commissioner, who is better.

Thank you very much.
    AlegalAlien.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

1. Regarding the Reasonable residency: I just wonder whether the first ever stamp you got at the Dublin airport saying you are allowed to stay for 1 month is reckonable or not ?
    No, this should not be reckonable.

Your reckonable residency begins when you apply for Stamp 1 at the GNIB.
    2. And, when filling the application form (form icon_cool.gif about the detail of addresses for the last 9 years: do i need to give the exact dates, I just can remember the month.
    You don't need to give exact dates of previous addresses held outside of the country. In the "from" and "to" boxes, just write months and years.
    3. Which documents need to be notarized: Bio-page of the passport, Birth certificate and .. ?
    that's it.
    4. For the statutory declaration: between solicitor and peace commissioner, who is better.
    It makes no difference at all. The solicitor will charge about €10 per document, but the peace commissioner is not entitled to charge you a fee, but it does the same job.

Make some local inquiries if you don't already know the whereabouts of this very useful little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alegalalien

Many thanks Cody Pomeray for your detail answers.
    It is quite clear for me now ^^
    Btw, do you know any Peace commissioner in the Dublin centre ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Your local Garda station can point you to the nearest Peace Commissioner(s).

Thanks Dandelion6, I will do ^^

Hi friends,

When filling the form 8, in the Declaration page, in the red, could you suggest what to put in ?

Declared before me a [Notary Public][Commissioner for Oaths][Solicitor][Peace Commissioner] [person authorised by insert authorising statutory provision to take and receive statutory declarations]

I don't know what to put in there, the red wordings
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Hi friends,

When filling the form 8, in the Declaration page, in the red, could you suggest what to put in ?

Declared before me a [Notary Public][Commissioner for Oaths][Solicitor][Peace Commissioner] [person authorised by insert authorising statutory provision to take and receive statutory declarations]

I don't know what to put in there, the red wordings
    Thank you.

I would assume the person who is taking the declaration from you fills that bit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

alegalalien that line is not to be filled out, unless you can find any person who is not a solicitor or a peace commissioner/ oaths whom you wish to witness your signature, and who is empowered and willing to do so.

You just don't fill it in if you are using a peace commissioner/ oaths or a solicitor to receive your declaration.

Hi Cody Pomeray: This part of declaration page is supposed to be filled by a peace commissioner. What you means is, that peace commissioner will just leave it blank ?
    The full sentence would be: Mr. PC is the name of a peace commissioner.

Declared before me Mr. PC a peace commissioner [person authorised by ... to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant

Hi Infosys: The full sentence would be:

Declared before me Mr. PC a peace commissioner [person authorised by Mr. PC to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant

Thank you for your response.
    Alegalalien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Hi Cody Pomeray: This part of declaration page is supposed to be filled by a peace commissioner. What you means is, that peace commissioner will just leave it blank ?
    The full sentence would be: Mr. PC is the name of a peace commissioner.

Declared before me Mr. PC a peace commissioner [person authorised by ... to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant

Hi Infosys: The full sentence would be:

Declared before me Mr. PC a peace commissioner [person authorised by Mr. PC to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant

Thank you for your response.
    Alegalalien.

I just had a look at a form 8, "Declared before me Mr. PC a peace commissioner [person authorised by ... to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant"

It would read "Declared before me "JOE BLOGS PEACE COMMISSIONER" then you strike out all except peace commissioner including the bit [person authorised by "INSERT AUTHORISING STATUTORY PROVISION W2" to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant. all the bits in square brackets are to be struck out except the correct one, if the person is not a notary, solicitor or Peace commissioner then he is the last one and the piece of legislation granting him the power must be quoted. If you look at the instructions you will see "You should complete boxes A1, A2 and A3 and your authorised witness should complete W1, W2, W3 (either W3.0, W3.1, W3.21,W3.22, W3.23, W3.24 or W3.25), W4, W5,W6, W7 and W8."

You only fill in the bits labelled A1 A2 and A3 the person witness will know what to do with the rest. You should on fill in the A bits in front of the witness.

Hi Infosys,
    What you explained makes sense.

Just to confirm, the box 3.21 will be filled by the peace commissioner based on his information, right ?

I know that I need to fill the boxes A1-3, and peace commissioner will need to do boxes W1-8.
    Since neither me or him is familiar with this form, so I have to ask for the help here.

You make it clear, thanks alot.

• Advertisement

To all and especially to Cody Pomeray:
    I have consulted the citizenshipinfo@justice.ie, the first stamp at the Dublin Airport is counted as reckonable residency. Because this stamp is for work permit, not for student or asylum ..

Advertisement