Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre checker shows no fibre for area of Cork City next to new cab

Options
  • 03-07-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that an area of Cork City is not available to be searched for on the eFibre checker.

Entering in any address or phone number on Shandon Street comes up with no matches, and also for the lower end of Blarney Street (the Shandon Street end: house numbers lower than 38 and higher than 360 Blarney Street) show up as saying fibre unavailable. All surrounding areas, including further up Blarney Street (further away from the city centre) have eFibre available on the checker.

There's a new VDSL2 cab at the bottom of Blarney Street, right in the middle of the area which seems to show up blank on the checker (see the Google Maps link here, across the road from Cycle Scene bike shop, you can see the old cab on Street View, there's a new cab there now).

Is it possible to check if this is an oversight in the system and re-check if this cab is VDSL2 enabled/upgraded? None of the houses surrounding this new cab show up as enabled on the checker. (for example, the Cycle Scene bike shop directly across the road from the cab. Their address and phone number is here: http://www.cyclescene.ie/contact.html )

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

The cabinet might not be commissioned for use yet, check and see if there is a yellow sticker with the cabinet name and number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks, there isn't any name or number on the cab yet.

Can someone from eircom say when this will be commissioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eggman99

radiospan wrote: »
    Thanks, there isn't any name or number on the cab yet.

Can someone from eircom say when this will be commissioned?
    Eircom can barely spell there own name, let alone give out helpful information about cabs and whats commissioned and whats not. If you get a proper reply from Eircom on your query, I will stop asking Eircom when my fibre is due for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Cork981

I'm fairly sure i saw a yellow sticker on them at one point.

They have power anyway you can see we're they dug up the road to get power from the esb pole across the road by the Chinese.

I'm fairly sure they were installed after my cab which is by the top of the hill pub and that cab only went live last week.

So maybe give it a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Cork981 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure i saw a yellow sticker on them at one point.

They have power anyway you can see we're they dug up the road to get power from the esb pole across the road by the Chinese.

I'm fairly sure they were installed after my cab which is by the top of the hill pub and that cab only went live last week.

So maybe give it a week or two.

Thanks for that. There is a yellow sticker on them alright but it's just an "AC 230V" warning sticker. No name or number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement