Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else sick of ad hominin attacks in Irish politics?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    That you base your opinion of the most politically powerful man in the country on a childish proverb is frankly scary.

Anyway by that definition we can condemn all of SF as they keep the company of numerous terrorists.

That individual got in as a punishment vote for Fianna Fáil. Certainly not on his merits.
    As for SF...u and those like u..already tar them all with the same brush while choosing to ignore your own bed buddies pasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

EURATS wrote: »
    That individual got in as a punishment vote for Fianna Fáil. Certainly not on his merits.
    As for SF...u and those like u..already tar them all with the same brush while choosing to ignore your own bed buddies pasts.
    Tar them with the same brush? As you say yourself.

"Show me their company and I'll tell you what they are"

Not that I even do consider them all murdering scumbags. It's just that voting for the good ones, like Mary Lou or Pearse helps the murdering scumbags too.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Tar them with the same brush? As you say yourself.

"Show me their company and I'll tell you what they are"

Not that I even do consider them all murdering scumbags. It's just that voting for the good ones helps the murdering scumbags too.

Eh....yeah. Still frozen. Slán anois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

EURATS wrote: »
    Eh....yeah. Still frozen. Slán anois.
    Very original. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Enda uses this tactic because without his advisors prompting him he ofton finds himself unable to answer the hard questions.

It was no accident that he kept a somewhat low profile during the election.

Indeed and I would even suggest that 'low profile' is probably even an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Godge wrote: »
    If Enda Kenny stands up in the Dail every day and reminds us of the murderers in Sinn Fein and the economy-wreckers in FF, then he is doing the country a favour.

Would it be also your opinion that opposition party TDs and independent TDs should stand up in the Dail every day and remind us of all the past indiscretions by any members of the government, even if those indiscretions included racist comments? Do you also think that they would be doing the country a favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

darkhorse wrote: »
    Would it be also your opinion that opposition party TDs and independent TDs should stand up in the Dail every day and remind us of all the past indiscretions by any members of the government, even if those indiscretions included racist comments? Do you also think that they would be doing the country a favour?

I think a distinction should be made between personal and party traits.

For example ( using your fictitious example ), if a party policy was to be racist and they are complaining about racist policies then that should be mentioned in a debate on racism

Another fictitious example would be if a party had a policy of taking money from developers and putting it into their wifes bank accounts then they should be reminded of this if complaining about legislation against this type of thing

In every case it should be relevant to the debate.

Advertisement