Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ethernet link down but modem shows connected??

• 03-07-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

with the new fibre it was great until today, although modem says connected, it also says not connected to broadband ethernet link down?? is this an exchange or cabinet fault and what causes it? i am on a dongle at the moment.

gbc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Unplug modem, disconnect all cables. Reconnect all cables, plug in modem, restart PC. It could be one of many things, including a bad or loose cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

i did all as you suggested then rang support and apparently its either a cabinet or an exchnage fault ie eircom!!! will await developments.

thanks for reply

andy looking dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What area are you in?

ennis, its fixed now came back on last night/this morning at 1.36am. Any news you have would be useful.

gbc

Various cabinet issues over the last few days in Ennis.

• Advertisement

ah thats good to know, so lets hope they have them sorted now. as an aside how do you know about cabinet issues? is it posted anywhere? i spent a bit of time, rebooting etc

AFAIK there's other cabinets that are affected today.

link down again since 1.30 this morning, rang VF tech support to be told it may be fixed within 2 working days but no one works at weekend!!

Advertisement