Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brittas Bay Nudist Beach

• 03-07-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have solved this problem. To get to Brittas Bay Nudist / Nude Beach go to the bottom of the page for an image

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I will be going to Brittas Bay this weekend and want to check out the nudist beach. We will be heading in the main entrance to the normal beach, and I will be with my family, but I usually go for a walk on my own at beaches anyway so leaving them won't be a problem. I'm just wondering distance, directions and time to get there. I can provide more information if you need it. I've just never been to a nude beach and really want to have a go at it.

Thanks
    So you want to visit the beach with your family. Wander off for a stroll and hope to find the nudist beach part (does such a thing exist?) Then strip off and join the other nudists for a bit and then re clothe and return back to your family.
    Perhaps boards has a nudist section as i'm not sure how much help the G'stones C'land folk will be to your quest. But hey you never know till you ask.
    Or you could emigrate to Germany. They're in to that kind of thing, better weather too.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

Wow... I bet your sorry now you asked a fairly straight forward question...Not sure where is but I don't think the beach your talking about is walking distance from Brittas...I have a mate lives down that way I'll ask him next time Im talking to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheNewGuy01

Ok that did sound a bit unusual. I'm 19 though if that makes it any better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

The naturist beach is not at Brittas at all. It is south of Brittas, the other side of Mizen Head and about 400m walk across dunes from the road.
    Buckroney is the name of the name of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheNewGuy01

Image about where nudist beach is. You have to go back through a car park from the main beach and follow south the road until the nude beach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭swedex

Image about where nudist beach is. You have to go back through a car park from the main beach and follow south the road until the nude beach
    I don't think you have it quite right on the map (I might be looking at it wrong though). You have to go past the European golf club on the road until you come to a T junction. The access off the coast road is right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

swedex wrote: »
    I don't think you have it quite right on the map (I might be looking at it wrong though). You have to go past the European golf club on the road until you come to a T junction. The access off the coast road is right there.
    Correct

Didn't have time to expand earlier, but I found out about this beach when I was looking at butterflies with my then 4yo daughter in the dunes. So we were wandering around, noticed this dude in the distance towards sea. Then when we were at the top of highest dune I noticed another dude in my binoculars who was semi nude! It was cold so was clothed on top.

So I then had to back track on my promise to my daughter that we'd go nearer the sea :eek:

Fortunately I wasn't caught "spying" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Mothman wrote: »
    Correct

Didn't have time to expand earlier, but I found out about this beach when I was looking at butterflies with my then 4yo daughter in the dunes. So we were wandering around, noticed this dude in the distance towards sea. Then when we were at the top of highest dune I noticed another dude in my binoculars who was semi nude! It was cold so was clothed on top.

So I then had to back track on my promise to my daughter that we'd go nearer the sea :eek:

Fortunately I wasn't caught "spying" :)
    The "dudes" spend time in the dunes, not something you or your 4 year old daughter want to stumble across.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement