Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Madness

Options
  • 03-07-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there

I ordered a meteor pay as you go phone on Thursday, expecting to arrive on Friday as per their delivery estimates on their site. When I saw it hadn't arrived yesterday, I rang their customer care department who told me to ring their sales department who, in turn, told me they can't track PAYG orders (????) and that I need to mail info@meteor.ie and expect a reply within 24 hours, but I didn't get one, so I sent another mail, and didn't get a reply to that either. Exasperated, I posted on their forum asking if anyone can help me, and an agent replied asking for the order number, and that was the last I've heard.

I'm at a loss now, I've just been passed from billy to jack, and Meteor seems to be the typical Irish telecoms company where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and customer support concerns itself with absolving itself of responsibility.

I'm wondering what my options here are - they've deducted the money for the phone from my current account, so clearly the transaction is completed as far as they're concerned, but the fact that they don't seem to have any paper trail for customers to follow makes it incredibly frustrating.

(On a side note, their website is AWFUL! Full of spelling mistakes, missing images, and logging you in doesn't seem to actually log you in except for one page, everywhere else the login fields are visible)

Any advice, anyone?

Thanks
    Eric

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cancel the order and buy from a real shop. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Contact your bank and get them to chargeback the amount, tell them the item was not delivered by the company. then if and when meteor actually deliver the phone you can return it or pay for it.

Ring and email Meteor telling them you are going to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭pushpop

Thanks for your responses everyone.

If it doesn't arrive today, I'm going to request a chargeback. I rang them again yesterday and the customer service rep said that it can take up to 5 working days to deliver an order - this despite the fact that their website unequivocally states delivery is next-day. Today, three days after my first email to info@meteor.ie, I got a reply which misspelt my first name and simply attached the order confirmation I got when I first ordered the phone! I feel like Meteor are actually trolling me at this point.

I hope Meteor read these forums because it's some of the worst customer service I've EVER experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I really hope you can cancel and get out of it. Meteor 'wrote the book on value' and decided to have a book burning the last couple of years. Expensive company, singlehandedly the worst customer service I have experienced in Ireland, bar NONE, and they really dont offer value any more; better deals and service with 3 and Vodafone.

Run if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Meteor customer care are just idiots and always contradictory of what the last rep said. However, they are better than the trained <SNIP> at Three (excluding the three boards reps, who are actually good). How are Voda better value though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Meteor are quite possibly the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Complete idiots. Would never ever use them again and very relieved to be rid of them now. Avoid them at all costs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please do not post general vents on mobile companies. It does not add value to the thread. Stick to addressing the Consumer Issue directly.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - please do not post general vents on mobile companies. It does not add value to the thread. Stick to addressing the Consumer Issue directly.

dudara

But he's right. Meteor can send you wrong unlocking code.Then they couldn't repair the phone if you use this code and block your phone. Imagine doctor who prescribing wrong pills to people and then after they got sick because of the pills, he cant help them. Would you still protect him as a doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@zom - I'm not too sure on the point you are making. I am simply asking posters not to post general comments on Meteor. I am asking to stick to the issue here, not muddy up the thread.

dudara

Advertisement