Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentation errors - how would you react?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

applied for mortgage got approved as long as partner signed waiver, so had to go back and reaply for both names on mortgage , got issued new pack to solicitors with wrong loan amount had to be sent back and waited for new pack , new pack arrived with only one name so again had to be sent back and wait for new pack to arrived, so today beware pack arrived and wrong length of mortgage term on pack now haven't lost the cool yet but this is a joke and i can't believe how unorganized bank is... so as post says how would you react ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭khards

Ha ha, sounds like AIB to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

actually not AIB but seriously some joke of a bank

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭khards

I had some issues with the AIB application process, actually my offer is about to expire but I cant renew it at the moment because the assistant manager is on holiday :()

you would have to laugh at the answers i was etting why the mess had happened couldnt make up the answers i got...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

bucky08 wrote: »
    applied for mortgage got approved as long as partner signed waiver, so had to go back and reaply for both names on mortgage , got issued new pack to solicitors with wrong loan amount had to be sent back and waited for new pack , new pack arrived with only one name so again had to be sent back and wait for new pack to arrived, so today beware pack arrived and wrong length of mortgage term on pack now haven't lost the cool yet but this is a joke and i can't believe how unorganized bank is... so as post says how would you react ??

I know you must be seething at their lack of organization and yes it is unforgivable. I don't work for a bank by the way. Buying a house is an extremely stressful business - not saying you are stressed or anything like that. But there are so many things to organise when you are purchasing a property - surveyor, house insurance, talking to solicitors, understanding the whole transfer of property thing and the language that's used etc.

I bought the house we live in now about 15 years ago and there were problems with a septic tank and the percolation area of it. The house was owned by the seller of the house and the land that the septic tank and percolation area was on was owned by his wife. Two separate search fees by our solicitor (Who was wonderful by the way). Anyway it was complicated.

As well the bank charged us double insurance on the property for the first 18 months we owned the property. (When you are on a budget these things count) Can't remember how they explained it away at the time? But we were reimbursed the monies. So things were righted eventually.

Be calm, don't lose the cool. By all means point out to whoever you deal with the problems they have caused you. It will be sorted eventually. I think you'll get more with honey than vinegar.......if you know what I mean.

So in short, I'd react slowly and with tact. This is just my opinion.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

understand what you mean exactly, i wont open my mouth to give out to anyone but find the whole idea silly, only 5 items on loan pack and got 4 of these wrong!!! now a child would do this once maybe twice!!! if i were in opposite position i would make sure then all bases were covered and not allow for such a stupid error as what is happening with each cock up... but it will all come right in the end and their will still only be the next lamb in the door to ACCEPT all these mistakes as clerical errors..... reason it happens in my opinion is its too laid back nobody expresses true opinion as worried about getting refused for loan same in my case

Advertisement