Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is being creative part of your daily ritual

• 03-07-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking for like minded creative Ladies interested in anything from art, crafts, knitting,photography, interior design, felting, sewing, flower arranging, costume designing, Pinterest addicts, jewellery making, or anything creative for monthly get togethers .

We are a small group aiming to meet in the city centre. We would like it to be a nonprofit group where we can exchange skills, support and encourage each other maybe do something for charity and organize workshops, photo shoots and attend galleries and craft airs etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barbarajean

Hi, I love this idea and I make jewellery and upcycle odds and ends as in picture frames and small furniture items. Could you please tell me in what city you are hoping to meet on a monthly basis, it would be lovely to meet up with other crafters.
    Thank you
    Barbara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rosiecreates

Hi Barbara

Great to hear you're interested.

Dublin City is where we plan to meet monthly. I have already met with a couple of crafters and will be meeting up again in the next couple of weeks. As its holiday time there is only a few of us but hopefully by September this should increase.I myself am interested in painting, photography and most crafts but recently its been more practical things regarding interior design,flower arranging and at present garden design as I'm in the process of sorting my garden. I love pinterest and there's some amazing ideas. The others are into collage art, greeting cards,sewing, knitting, pallet furniture and more.

I hope Dublin suits you and if it does I can let you know when the next meeting is.

Hope to see you soon

Rose

Hi Rose, sorry for the delay in posting a reply. Am delighted to hear it's Dublin, as I'm down here in Arklow, so not too bad. Please do let me know your next date/s.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am interested in this. i work mainly with buttons bouquets, cards, pictures etc

Hi John, I have been making jewellery and reloving small furniture pieces, but have never spoken to anyone who does crafting, so I'm really excited about it, and hope to meet up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Rosiecreates

Hi John

Great to hear you're interested.
    I've seen some button bouquets and I love how detailed they are. Some of the other crafters are into paper crafts and I'm looking forward to broadening my skills.

I think we will be meeting up in the next couple of weeks and I'll let you know when arrangements are made.

Advertisement