Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private scan in Galway?

• 03-07-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

couldnt find any recent info - anyone know of any clinics that do private scans in Galway? GP thinks I am measuring very big - either my dates are wrong (highly unlikely) or it's twins :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Booking appointment in hospital isnt for another 6 weeks, and only then can I make an appointment for a scan - way too late for my liking (but I won't b*tch about the sh*t system here this time :mad:...).

I have a referral for UHG, but based on my experiences from the last pregnancy, I'd rather not unless absolutely necessary (was admitted with high blood pressure and proteine in urine, and was waiting there for roughly 8 hours just to be seen - if I show up with 'could be twins, nothing urgent' - I'll be waiting there until Christmas I'd say)

Any ideas are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

galah wrote: »
    Hey all,

couldnt find any recent info - anyone know of any clinics that do private scans in Galway? GP thinks I am measuring very big - either my dates are wrong (highly unlikely) or it's twins :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Booking appointment in hospital isnt for another 6 weeks, and only then can I make an appointment for a scan - way too late for my liking (but I won't b*tch about the sh*t system here this time :mad:...).

I have a referral for UHG, but based on my experiences from the last pregnancy, I'd rather not unless absolutely necessary (was admitted with high blood pressure and proteine in urine, and was waiting there for roughly 8 hours just to be seen - if I show up with 'could be twins, nothing urgent' - I'll be waiting there until Christmas I'd say)

Any ideas are welcome ;-)

Cheers!

The Galway Clinic does private scans, but you will need a referral from your GP. It's not a diagnostic scan but you'll be able to see if there's more than one in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 June Bird

Hi I went to Terryland Medical Centre, and I found them good. You can just Google them for contact info. They cost 100 Eur and I only had to wait about 2 weeks for appt. They also see people on weekends which is handy. I didnt need any referral letter from my GP. This early scan will just confirm due dates and confirm if there is one or two in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I also went to Terryland medical centre and thought they were great, took me in about 2 weeks notice each time AND I got a discount on the 3D scan when I got to that stage.
    Also depending on where you live Portiuncla might be an option and they saw me sooner than Galway. (Thought I was miscarrying and it would have taken 5/7 days for scan app. in galway whereas in Portiuncla I was seen straight away within an hour or so)
    I had a bad experience with the galway clinic but thats a whole different thread!!
    And Congratulations :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Cheers guys! Checked the Galway clinic but apparently the person who maternity scans is on maternity leave, our so my gp told me. Booked into terryland, app next week, fingers crossed it's only one baby... ;-)

Just weird that there are not more options around!

Advertisement