Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so easy to concieve second time around?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi, Just a personal question here...

I was just wondering if anyone found ttc the second time around more difficult than the first?

Take out of the equation those who conceived very soon after giving birth to their first... as this is apparently the super fertile period. Im more talking about a few months or so later...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi,

I'd been interested to hear people's views. It took us two years to conceive number one and after trying a few rounds of different medicines (the last lot I stopped on my own as bad side effects ) we fell pregnant. Not thinking about if we will ever have another and what trouble we would have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Anecdotally I have heard that it can be, and that its due to the hormones not having returned to the levels per pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

We fell pregnant 6 months after baby number 1 very unexpected as I had had only one period since baby was born. I've mild Polycystic ovaries so never had a regular cycle. Took 2 and a bit years after coming off the pill to conceive number 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My cycles were all over the place when they finally started again. I was breastfeeding so they came back after 7 months. The first few were very erratic. After a few months I started to check for signs of ovulation and I dont think I ovulated for another 4-5 months. Even when I was ovulating again the cycles were very short and the luteal phase was really short.

Before I had my son my cycle was very regular and I got pregnant on the first month of trying. So in answer to your question we found it harder second time around for the reasons above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

On our first we were ttc for 1.5 years & had started getting fertility tests & had one procedure when I fell pregnant. This time, my daughter was 16 months & I had had my cycle back for 5 months when I fell pregnant, so definitely easier 2nd time round thank god. 20 weeks pregnant at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

My son is 7 months old. Cycle back to normal for the last 3 or 4 months. Got pregnant literally the first time of trying with number 1. So I spose I just thought it would be that easy again. We've really only started trying again now.... But it's not happened this cycle. Hmmm... There's a lot of talk about having cycles and not ovulating in other forums etc. might get one of those ovulations kit things....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It took us ages to conceive first time, and it was getting a bit mechanical. Got lucky first month trying this time.
    I don't think there's any pattern, pregnancy and conception are so individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I only have 1 and not trying for 2nd just yet so no experience but just wanted to say before you spend on the fertility monitors you could learn a bit about how to tell if your ovulating by looking for some symptoms if you google billings method or natural family planning you'll get the info there :)

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    I only have 1 and not trying for 2nd just yet so no experience but just wanted to say before you spend on the fertility monitors you could learn a bit about how to tell if your ovulating by looking for some symptoms if you google billings method or natural family planning you'll get the info there :)

I think I'm just an over-reactive worrier.... Got a very vauge second line on pregnancy test this morning :-))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Aren't we all :)
    That's exciting fingers crossed for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Same as yourself got pregnant very quick first time and ttc since april. I know still early but got so lucky first time thought would happen again. LO is 14 months.
    I bought cheap ovulation perdictor sticks online and was keeping an eye and think we done the deed at the right time so heres hoping both of us will be starting our due march 2014 thread or possibly feb in your case.

Suucee wrote: »
    Same as yourself got pregnant very quick first time and ttc since april. I know still early but got so lucky first time thought would happen again. LO is 14 months.
    I bought cheap ovulation perdictor sticks online and was keeping an eye and think we done the deed at the right time so heres hoping both of us will be starting our due march 2014 thread or possibly feb in your case.

O goodluck suucee! Hopefully we can start the due in March thread :-))

Had a very faint line on a test yesterday morning and took another this morning . Also very faint so used the clear blue digital test and got my lovely pregnant 1-2. How did u get on since sligo .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Had a very faint line on a test yesterday morning and took another this morning . Also very faint so used the clear blue digital test and got my lovely pregnant 1-2. How did u get on since sligo .

Ah huge congrats Suucee, such great news after your awful fright the other day x

Ah that's brilliant news succeed! So delighted for you. Yep pretty much the same story for me! Got a couple faint lines... So did the clear blue and got 1-2 weeks. Went to the due date calculator and all going well should be due around March 17th. Yay for us! :-) x

Ah great. My EDD working out at 15march. But was using the opks so know i ovulated late so more likely 22 march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations ladies!! Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Congrats ladies. Exciting news!

Advertisement