Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web design course

Options
  • 03-07-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hello,

Can anybody recommend a good web design course in Dublin, I am a complete novice.

I was looking at getting training in Wordpress, but I am assuming I'd need to have a basic knowledge of HTML.

DBS are running a course using Dreamweaver, I thought that dreamweaver was outdated and a majority of individuals are now using Wordpress?

All advice appreciated.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Dreamweaver is a coding tool. Worpress is an addapted blogging platform.

One you use to make website, the other is a website.

I would recommend www.lynda.com. It's subscription based and consequently the courses are generally of very high quality. Look up any intro tutorials on HTML and CSS and any web intro courses that take your fancy.

I believe you can still get a weeks free premium signup (allows you to download the exercise files).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

start with https://www.udemy.com/
    loads of free courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

To what end are you trying to learn this stuff OP? When you say you're looking for WordPress training it sounds like you have to update a WordPress site for work or something.

Do you just want to get a single site online, or are you interested in pursuing a career in development?

Advertisement