Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tablet For Testing

Options
  • 03-07-2013 8:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to get a bit of experience doing some development for Android devices and am seeking recommendation on a suitable device for testing. So it should offer the common set of features available on such devices and be reasonable priced as it will only ever be used for testing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Budget? Nexus 10 if price is not an issue and you don't mind going through a few hoops to get it via Flubit and Parcel Motel, it will get updates straight away so you can get working on the latest versions of the OS quicker. Nexus 7 is good for a smaller tablet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

draffodx wrote: »
    Budget? Nexus 10 if price is not an issue and you don't mind going through a few hoops to get it via Flubit and Parcel Motel, it will get updates straight away so you can get working on the latest versions of the OS quicker. Nexus 7 is for a smaller tablet.

Well it only for testing & hobby, so I'd say a max of about €350... The Nexus 7 looks like a possible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

+1 for the Nexus 7 as it doesn't come laden with the bloatware that other Android tablets ship with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone once again. I now got a Nexus 7 hooked up and have started coding!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭shanefitz360

In case someone else views this thread in the future

The Nexus 7 wouldn't be the best choice here, the Nexus 10 would be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement