Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish & Chips

Options
  • 03-07-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I am a great fan of Beshoffs fish & chip in Howth and to me is the nicest around and well worth the journey. I was told by a few Howth locals today that all their produce is imported and that no local fish is used. Does anyone else know ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Beshoffs or Beshoff Brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Beshoffs small chipper beside Waterside pub and Paddy Powers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a thread on the subject a couple of years ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74368516

In one of the posts someone explains that the fish is sold off the pier, then taken away and processed, and is back a couple of days later.
    I love that chipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

For the best fish and chips head out to Portrane and just there by the seafront you will find Pipers, very close to the only pub in the area. I have been a customer for years and have never been disappointed. You can eat in or take away and the prices are fair. Only thing is the fish portions are so big I've named them Moby Dick.....guaranteed you will do well to finish all of the meal. A terrific place with very friendly staff. The same people have been running the place for decades. Enjoy!!!

Advertisement