Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS Housing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

why the hell should i just accept a ras house wen all the ****in people that are from every where but ireland and the junkie/alcoholic pests get a choice where to live..
    People are housed according to need. The bigoted overtone of your comment isn't welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You are so misinformed about the council list, seriously you can work 60 hr wks or be on social and be on the list, it's not just for unemployed people that dont pay taxes it's for who ever wants to apply...

I don't believe that's the case.

Anyone can apply.

But only people who have genuine housing need will be accepted on to to the list. And I believe that now-a-days you are re-assessed just before being offered a house too, to make sure that your housing need has not been addressed (eg by your getting a better job) in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

I'm flabbergasted, I don't even know where to begin with any of this, god knows how many people have to move around all the time, with zero support from the state, nuts!

However after considering your problem I did come up with a solution, I think you or your partner should pay a visit to the below website:

www.irishjobs.ie

(caveat: barring illness, physical or psychological there is no reason in the world why at least one person in a household shouldn't be either on a jobs course or in a job, even if it's minimum wage.)

(laziness isn't an illness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Spider wrote: »
    I'm flabbergasted, I don't even know where to begin with any of this, god knows how many people have to move around all the time, with zero support from the state, nuts!

However after considering your problem I did come up with a solution, I think you or your partner should pay a visit to the below website:

www.irishjobs.ie

(caveat: barring illness, physical or psychological there is no reason in the world why at least one person in a household shouldn't be either on a jobs course or in a job, even if it's minimum wage.)

(laziness isn't an illness!)
    Constructive posts only please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

A lot of the taxpayer-subsidised housing stock isn't optimally positioned to receive the maximum amount of sunlight during the day and an even higher proportion don't have sea views. It's outrageous and I don't know how anyone could stand for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No Pants wrote: »
    A lot of the taxpayer-subsidised housing stock isn't optimally positioned to receive the maximum amount of sunlight during the day and an even higher proportion don't have sea views. It's outrageous and I don't know how anyone could stand for it.

Shock horror.

Lets move on folks. Anymore jokey (or worse- obnoxious) posts will be nuked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I think people are being a bit harsh on the OP....as someone who has been through the system and ringer as of late, i know what she is going through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I think people are being a bit harsh on the OP....as someone who has been through the system and ringer as of late, i know what she is going through.

And I'm sure a lot of people here are going through the wringer to hang on to a roof over their heads while their taxes support someone with one kid and baby due who thinks that they NEED a 3 bed house for 2 adults and 2 tots??? And who should be entitled to keep it for the rest of their lives cos it's so unfair to expect them to up and move when they can support themselves, freeing up space for someone who can't.

People are sick and tired of how much welfare costs this country while those paying for it can barely put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads. Maybe people think that in a welfare system that's incredibly generous, people should have a bit more gratitude for what they're given.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

And I'm sure a lot of people here are going through the wringer to hang on to a roof over their heads while their taxes support someone with one kid and baby due who thinks that they NEED a 3 bed house for 2 adults and 2 tots??? And who should be entitled to keep it for the rest of their lives cos it's so unfair to expect them to up and move when they can support themselves, freeing up space for someone who can't.

People are sick and tired of how much welfare costs this country while those paying for it can barely put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads. Maybe people think that in a welfare system that's incredibly generous, people should have a bit more gratitude for what they're given.

+1....i totally get that, the frustration of taxpayers. but because i have been through it i can see the OP POV, wheras i cant see your/taxpayer POV quite as well.

Its a difficult situ all round, i just think there have been some rather personal attacks against the OP that seem OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

+1....i totally get that, the frustration of taxpayers. but because i have been through it i can see the OP POV, wheras i cant see your/taxpayer POV quite as well.

Its a difficult situ all round, i just think there have been some rather personal attacks against the OP that seem OTT.
    I see your point Richard, but personally, as soon as I see the OP from one of these threads used the word "entitled", I just switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

You can't see the tax payer point of view??? really, you can't see why someone works their back off 5 days a week, regardless of what they do, then has to rush home, try spend some time with the family, pay for a place to live either through rent or mortgage, put food on the table, and then do it all again the following week. And no state help at all? If you can't pay your rent you and your family fecked out, same goes for a mortgage (eventually) . This is normal life, not I'm entitled to everything just because I exist, you have to work for what you have!

Now irregardlesss of that then they have to give over 50% of their income away which pays for people to feel entitled to it? and entitled to a free house and everything handed to them.

Would you like someone to call around every month and take fifty percent of what you have? Don't get me wrong taxes have to be paid, but it drives me bananas that people can't see the taxpayers point of view or think all this money comes from a magic money tree in the garden!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

blame the game .not the players

Advertisement