Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independence Day - whatcha cooking?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭

Planning for Southern Baked Chicken - marinating in buttermilk at the moment, mashed potatoes, biscuits and white gravy.

Getting hungry already!

Any plans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

We too are having Southern 'fried' chicken baked in oven, but with homemade chips instead of mash as we still have leftover parcooked chips from last night's dinner, with homemade coleslaw and corn on the cob. I've never had what they call biscuit, but got some soft rolls too on the side.
    Dessert will be brownie.

Happy 4th of July to those celebrating

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

I did the barbecue ribs and sweet corn salsa from the front of this month's olive mag, it was yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

Toulouse sausage and baguette. And I had Camembert for lunch. Apparently my Mets and Giants-loving, taxi-hailing, sandwich-obsessed New Yorker is married to a cheese eating surrender monkey and not a nice Irish girl :D We do have napkins with the stars and stripes on them, however.

Advertisement