Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - Arming before 30 second exit period expires

Options
  • 03-07-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I installed a HKC alarm in my parents. I am just getting the basic system working before adding in additional items. Currently there are 3 wireless PIRs on the system. One of these is in the hall where the keypad is located. When arming the system the 30 second count down commences. However, before the 30second countdown expires the alarm is set off by the PIR in the hall. I've looked and I am not setting it via the quick set (which has no exit time). Any ideas as to what else could be wrong with the system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

fitzie79 wrote: »
    I installed a HKC alarm in my parents. I am just getting the basic system working before adding in additional items. Currently there are 3 wireless PIRs on the system. One of these is in the hall where the keypad is located. When arming the system the 30 second count down commences. However, before the 30second countdown expires the alarm is set off by the PIR in the hall. I've looked and I am not setting it via the quick set (which has no exit time). Any ideas as to what else could be wrong with the system?

If you go into the option menu in zones. The PIR zone needs to be set up for access. In here you also set up your partsets if you want the detector off in partset.

Advertisement